Keystoker pusher bar shield

GoatbroJoe
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: Rice / anthracite
Other Heating: Heating oil

Post by GoatbroJoe » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Hey all, new member first post.

In the process of replacing the feed motor and I'm stumped. The metal shield and fiberglass gasket came off the pusher last year and I can't figure out how to put it back together. Am I missing a piece or something? How does this go together?

Attachments

IMG_2726.JPG
.JPG | 900.8KB | IMG_2726.JPG
IMG_2727.JPG
.JPG | 879.7KB | IMG_2727.JPG
IMG_2728.JPG
.JPG | 782.7KB | IMG_2728.JPG

claridon coal burner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: oil

Post by claridon coal burner » Tue. Nov. 07, 2017 7:31 pm

That piece isn't part of the pusher bar. It mounts to the stoker body just above where the pusher bar comes out. The metal piece clamps down on top of the fiberglass gasket and keeps coal from building up on the pusher. It's held in place by 4 pop rivets. You'll probably have to drill the old rivets out. Use the old metal piece as a pattern to drill holes in the new one, or, you can just replace the gasket if the metal piece is still in good shape.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Wed. Nov. 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Tonite finally got back into my Keystoker90, after 8 years of ownership I was a little late putting it to bed for the summer late June. Life happens. Now doing all the odds and ends, and yes your parts are at the base of the hopper. Be sure there are no more issues in the hopper base. This piece is really not a high wear item ,and I am surprised yours has separated. I annualy spray my hopper with cold galvanizing paint when I see signs of corrosion. I lubricate my motors, and verify the push block is both clean and clear of any obstructions on the mating surfaces.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”