Koker 160 setup

gennylight01

Post by gennylight01 » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 12:19 am

Hey all have some questions and haven't found answers while browsing topics so I'll ask my own. I'm replacing a keystoker 90 with a koker 160. I intend to plumb it into existing ductwork the way the 90 was (1400 sq ft, stove in basement, all heat pushed upstairs). I finally conceded that my stove was not big enough with a 350 cfm blower and coal trol so I bought the koker from a dealer in PA and am in the process of hooking it up. I bought it new thru eBay at a great price and am hoping to hook it up myself but am finding it to be a little more complicated than I thought and the directions are vague at best. I need to know where the blower hooks up as well as the top vent. My old one had flex conduit for the wires and this one doesn't which is odd I thought. I also need to put the limit/fume switch in the side and wire that as well. Does that just sit in there? It came with a nut and I don't understand what it's used for. I can upload pictures if need be. I also would like to hook up a dedicated cold air return and am a little baffled as to how. I have a metal grate in my basement door that I deemed adequate for the 90 but I don't think a 16x20 in the door would be enough for the koker. Any pics or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

nepacoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4 / "Kelly" and an EFM 520 at my in-laws
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF-260 - retired
Coal Size/Type: Buck

Post by nepacoal » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 11:31 am

Give Keystoker a call. They hAve fantastic customer service and would be able to answer all your questions.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Oct. 07, 2017 3:36 pm

WOW genny, good luck and you will sort out the minor problem with Keystoker customer service. With your heating load I think you made a great choice. 375cfm into that amount of duct work. I am no HVAC guy but the lfm must have been almost unmeasurable.

The following is only for poor starving horse farmers who can't afford your 160 solution.

With the keystoker 90 fit a 475cfm ball bearing dist. fan. Cut a 8" hole in the top and insert a 8" duct line. The fan fits beautifully and there is no more noise or watts. In the grate drill two lines of 1/8" holes above and two lines below open up the combustion fan a bit and you have a 120,000 btu stove. Of course, technically it not a UL stove anymore if you care. For illuminatis only. If you burn the house down do not complain to me. A test burn so far seemed to work great but I need it to be a lot colder to confirm.

With the money saved drive up to Quebec and buy a $20,000 stove from Pierre. hahahahaha, I slay myself.

2004blackwrx
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Looking to buy one

Post by 2004blackwrx » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Why cant you just tie the return into the existing return ducts. I have 2 10 inch flex ducts coming from each end of the blower going into mine.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”