Keystoker decorative glass insert

gravely800
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 105

Post by gravely800 » Mon. Oct. 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi,

I was looking at Keystoker's Facebook page today and saw what looks to be some sort of decorative glass insert. To me, it looks like it's a metal piece cut to attach behind the glass. I saw one that said "keystoker" and others that had pictures of deer. The idea makes sense because even after the glass begins to fog the insert will have the glow of the fire behind it. In the link that I'm including is a picture of the stove that I'm looking to pull the trigger on very soon. I'd like to purchase the 105 and really like the color of the one that I see there, although I'm not certain what that color is. I'm also leaning towards a powervent vs direct simply because of looks. This will be in my family room for one, and secondly, I don't like the way the direct vents look as they exit the house with that 90 and little cap on the pipe. Has anyone else seen the inserts that I'm referring to?

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/63951843953131 ... =1&theater

kb2520

Post by kb2520 » Wed. Oct. 25, 2017 6:16 pm

I hadn't seen those. Have you learned any more about them? Our glass looks terrible and has developed a crack. This is even after oiling everything to keep the joints from ceasing up and coming under pressure. If you haven't found any other info, I might call Keystoker and ask about them.

gravely800
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 105

Post by gravely800 » Wed. Oct. 25, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm waiting for my 105 to come in. I don't know the proper name for that door insert but I believe it was a $125 option. I went with the elk. I figured even after the glass hazes it will still add some interest to the glow that the stove will be putting off. I don't know why it's not in any of the brochures that I have seen. Even with the warmer weather we've been having in south central Pa I'm eager for the install and to fire her up.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”