Selling Harman Magnum Stoker, What is it Worth?

thomasj
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Electric/Gas

Post by thomasj » Fri. May. 05, 2017 11:32 am

First off, let me thank everyone here - I have lurked this forum for years as I worked through the challenges of learning how to use the stoker that was in my home when I bought it seven years ago. I feel bad that I have waited until I am ready to leave the coal burning community to post.

I have recently changed jobs and have to travel frequently, which leaves my wife to have to look after the stoker, which she is not really physically able to do. Because of this, I am installing a natural gas furnace and central air system. I am looking to advertise my magnum stoker for sale locally and have no idea what the going price for these stoves is. It is in really good condition - no external rust, newer push motor, excellent working condition - just shut it down a few weeks ago. I did replace the glass in the door with a piece of steel plate because I got tired of replacing the glass every other year. I even have the operating manual.

Could anyone give me an idea of a price range that these stoves are currently going for? I don't want to give it away, but I don't want to hold onto it forever either.
Last edited by Richard S. on Fri. Jul. 28, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title, please use descriptive titles. Thanks

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sat. May. 06, 2017 4:42 am

Regions can affect prices. You need to post where your at or put it in your profile.

thomasj

Post by thomasj » Sat. May. 06, 2017 9:49 am

Sorry about that, I live in Central PA - Clearfield County.

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Sun. May. 07, 2017 5:34 pm

there is a member here who knows them well... search for harman magnum stoker and you should see his many replies..

Kubota2007
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Magmun 20yrs old,Harmon Super Mag just installed.
Other Heating: Electric,

Post by Kubota2007 » Mon. Aug. 28, 2017 8:59 am

How old is the Stoker? Is it a Magnum or Magnum II?

thomasj

Post by thomasj » Mon. Aug. 28, 2017 10:34 am

It was a Magnum, I've since sold it for $700. I could have possibly gotten more if I had hung onto it until now, but I needed it gone.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”