New to Me Harman Mag Stoker

Gunsnmopars
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman magnafire elite insert

Post by Gunsnmopars » Mon. Feb. 13, 2017 7:09 am

Just bought a mag stoker from a buddy of mine. Installed and couldnt be happier heats my whole house.

Attachments

IMG_4802.JPG
.JPG | 128.4KB | IMG_4802.JPG

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Feb. 13, 2017 7:17 am

Looks good in that setting too!!

I like the sinclair signage....
although I might be nervous with the gas pump so close to an open flame like that! toothy

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Mon. Feb. 13, 2017 7:58 am

You'll love it..for sure... but you need 3. things installed to be safe.. 1. a barometer 2. a tee so you can clean out the flue piping to the chimney.. it will clogg fast if you don't clean it out.. 3. a Manometer installed permanently so you can moniter proper draft to avoid pushing toxic air back into the home.. and the manometer will show ash build up in the flue pipe restricting exhaust flow..

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Mon. Feb. 13, 2017 8:00 am

captcaper wrote:You'll love it..for sure... but you need 3. things installed to be safe.. 1. a barometer 2. a tee so you can clean out the flue piping to the chimney.. it will clogg fast if you don't clean it out.. 3. a Manometer installed permanently so you can moniter proper draft to avoid pushing toxic air back into the home.. and the manometer will show ash build up in the flue pipe restricting exhaust flow..
I believe he means a barometric damper, not a barometer.

Gunsnmopars
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman magnafire elite insert

Post by Gunsnmopars » Mon. Feb. 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Thanks guys I collect sinclair stuff. I have baro damper on other side of wall right as it goes into my masonary chimney. I used the extra flu I had. I do need a manometer installed we used one to dial in the stove

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Mon. Feb. 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Looks great!

I love Dino the Dinosaur!

-Don

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Mon. Feb. 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Nice setup, my friend says that I am burning dinosaurs, how appropriate with the Sinclair signs. I also would ditch the manual pipe damper and install a barometric, after all it is a stoker not a hand fed.

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Tue. Feb. 14, 2017 2:22 am

2001Sierra wrote:Nice setup, my friend says that I am burning dinosaurs, how appropriate with the Sinclair signs. I also would ditch the manual pipe damper and install a barometric, after all it is a stoker not a hand fed.
I agree! You have a stoker stove. Ditch the manual damper. Also, If I'm reading correctly, what we see in the picture, is a pipe going through the wall, THEN into a chimney on the other side of the wall. The barometric damper is also on the other side of the wall, before going into the chimney. What I'm getting at is; do you have a wall thimble (or some kind of fire prevention) where the pipe goes through the wall? It's hard to see, looking at the picture.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”