Keystoker 90 Buzzing Sound

lamina1982
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker econo 90
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lamina1982 » Mon. Jan. 30, 2017 5:54 pm

I have a keystoker econo 90, 3rd winter running now.
It started making a buzzing sound ocassionaly for short duration. Seems to be increasing in frequency and duration. Hard to say at what step in cycling it makes it.
The sound appears to be coming from from the metal box on back of stove labeled honeywell ra89a
Usually if I tap.on it itll lesson or go away. Was wondering if a lose wire in there ir something?
Has a shock warning on it so didnt want to just take the cover off without any infom otherwise stove has been functioning fine.
Thanks guys

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Jan. 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Sounds like the 24V transformer for the thermostat box. maybe it's loose wire or just the the cover or relay going bad. you can probalby take the cover off without too much problem and check it.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Mon. Jan. 30, 2017 6:30 pm

The ra89a is a switching controller which is probably controlling your convection fan. The buzzing noise is the contactor inside it. Google ra89a and look at the images. It usually means the spring or the transformer is getting weak and not holding the contactor tight hence the buzzing noise.

Depending on where you buy em they run between $40-60 and are pretty easy to change out.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”