Model Year 2000 Pioneer Questions

wannabwarm

Post by wannabwarm » Sun. May. 18, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Larry, I have an opportunity to buy a yr 2000 Pioneer top vent. Does this stove have the same features as the 2007/2008? Also what parts should be replaced if they are original? Can a HW coil be installed in this yr model? Where can I get parts, Boston, MA area? I am really excited about the possibility of getting my first stoker and telling OPEC where to go by not giving them my $$$$$. Thanks

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. May. 18, 2008 12:53 pm

The early stoves did not have the Coal Trol digital thermostat, but this can be purchased and added to the early stoves.. Prior to the Coal Trol, the stove had an adjustable stroke for the coal-feed shovel or pusher, and it had a reostat to control fan speeds..

I have opperated an early stove, and it is quite simple,, set the combustion fan on full speed, adjust the distribution blower fan to your desired speed and volume and use the stoker adjustment to increase or decrease the amount of coal fire on the grate, which adjusts the heat output.. It's all manual,, but very easy to get used to, and easy to control..

Hope this helps..

Greg L

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”