Replacing Gas Forced Hot Air Furnace

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
Spanky7676
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska 140 Dual Burner

Post Mon. May. 12, 2008 9:31 pm

I am looking into replacing my forced hot air gas furnace this year. Could anyone recommend a stove.
I have a 1400 SF ranch.
Thanks,

Devil505
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Post Mon. May. 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Spanky7676 wrote:I am looking into replacing my forced hot air gas furnace this year. Could anyone recommend a stove.
I have a 1400 SF ranch.
Thanks,
Need more info:
Chimney?
Where is the stove going?
Hand Fired or Stoker?
The more info you provide the better.
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.
Winston Churchill
Shaking & Poking The TLC2000 Video

Spanky7676
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska 140 Dual Burner

Post Mon. May. 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Sorry,

Chimney? No, the current furnace sits in the middle of the house and power vents out the side.
Where is the stove going? Basement
Hand Fired or Stoker? I was hoping for a stoker

Thanks,

Devil505
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Post Mon. May. 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Spanky7676 wrote:Sorry,

Chimney? No, the current furnace sits in the middle of the house and power vents out the side.
Where is the stove going? Basement
Hand Fired or Stoker? I was hoping for a stoker

Thanks,
NP & welcome to the forum! You'll save allot of $$$$ with coal. I've been heating my house with a hand fired stove for over 25 years & love the steady heat, & of course the $$savimngs!
I suggest you post on the "Stoker Thread" & make sure you mention you don't have access to a chimney. I know very little about stokers but you will find plenty of experts here.
Good Luck!
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.
Winston Churchill
Shaking & Poking The TLC2000 Video

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”