Harman Super Magnum Pusher Arm Fork Dimensions

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Tue. Dec. 27, 2016 8:00 am

Coalster wrote:Tech guy from dealer where I bought my stove came today, could not find anything wrong. Stove is fired back up, he said to call him if it acts up again, but all looks good. So far it is doing ok, not dropping off at the back like it was before. Hopefully all will be good from here out - if not, I'll re post. A big thanks to all of you who replied! BTW, if anybody else ever needs to know, and stumbles across this post, the proper fork width for the Harman Magnum is indeed 2".
Mine went out yesterday.... it was wet coal.. packed in the hopper and wouldn't drop into the feeder.. there was a small space above the feeder that was covered by the coal above it in the hopper so everything looked normal. But when I poked it the space collasped and you could see the coal drop down..like bursting an air bubble.
I always use to fill two coal hod's and place them on top of the stove over night so they would dry out and be the first into the hopper next day.. time to do it again.. been lax as they say.. don't want to come home or during the night see the fire go out..

Charlie66
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Harmon Super Magnum Coal Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Wood

Post by Charlie66 » Wed. Jan. 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Hello! This is Charlie66's wife and it's bitter cold in northern, PA today and our coal stove quit feeding at 5 am. We've been gone all day, and our home now. -12 degrees outside and falling! Help! There is a problem with it feeding and we can't figure it out. We have a Harmon Super Magnum Coal Stoker Stove.

Coalster
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Super Magnum
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite rice

Post by Coalster » Wed. Jan. 30, 2019 9:13 pm

I’m no expert. But if it is still not feeding, I would shovel all the coal out of the hopper in order to see what is going on. Run on test to see if push bar and all fans are working, look for any obstruction. Also, clear the grates where the fire burns, make sure they haven’t broken or become dislodged, and that there is not fly ash buildup beneath them.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Jan. 30, 2019 9:28 pm

Charlie66 wrote:
Wed. Jan. 30, 2019 6:53 pm
Hello! This is Charlie66's wife and it's bitter cold in northern, PA today and our coal stove quit feeding at 5 am. We've been gone all day, and our home now. -12 degrees outside and falling! Help! There is a problem with it feeding and we can't figure it out. We have a Harmon Super Magnum Coal Stoker Stove.
Thanks for make that point clear about being a SUPER Magnum.. :)

Good advice given above...look for foreign object in pusher area in bottom of hopper.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”