The Beast Is Back

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Thu. Feb. 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Got my old Gentleman Janitor CJ 63 back. I bought it years ago from stoker Scott. Traded it in Warrensburg for an EFM. Its then went to New Hampshire, now back in New Hampshire. Now back in Salem, NY. 16 inch burn pot, it comes up to temperature very fast. I may put it in the cellar if I can get it down there

Attachments

IMG_0120.JPG
.JPG | 134.6KB | IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
.JPG | 149.6KB | IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
.JPG | 102KB | IMG_0122.JPG

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Feb. 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Doug said that thing was a beast. Get some buck for it.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Thu. Feb. 18, 2016 7:20 pm

Nice GJ S.C.!!!

You need to take some better pictures of it though, that GJ deserves it. It would be nice to know if it has cross tubes and how many wet baffles it has.

Thank you for posting it!

-Don

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Thu. Feb. 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Thanks I know the pictures are terrible I am new with a cell phone. Don does SC stand for super chief? I have a smaller Gj posted for sale on forum. This one is not for sale but in one of the bad pictures I took in the for sale section you can see the difference in size between this one and the smaller one piece gj boiler. Rob , I'm going to have to plan ahead as Buck is a little bit harder to find by me

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Thu. Feb. 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Salemcoal wrote:Thanks I know the pictures are terrible I am new with a cell phone. Don does SC stand for super chief? I have a smaller Gj posted for sale on forum. This one is not for sale but in one of the bad pictures I took in the for sale section you can see the difference in size between this one and the smaller one piece gj boiler. Rob , I'm going to have to plan ahead as Buck is a little bit harder to find by me
How much you want :)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Fri. Feb. 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Salemcoal wrote:Thanks I know the pictures are terrible I am new with a cell phone. Don does SC stand for super chief? I have a smaller Gj posted for sale on forum. This one is not for sale but in one of the bad pictures I took in the for sale section you can see the difference in size between this one and the smaller one piece gj boiler. Rob , I'm going to have to plan ahead as Buck is a little bit harder to find by me
S.C. is for Salem Coal!

That is a nice little GJ you have for sale to. I have one just like it! Yours is in better shape though.

Sounds like you are in the same boat as me with Buckwheat Coal, not really an option down here. I am successfully running Rice Coal in a Van Wert stoker right now. I will likely be trying Rice in a GJ in the future.

-Don
Last edited by StokerDon on Sat. Feb. 20, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Fri. Feb. 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Scottscoaled wrote:
How much you want :)
How much Buck you want?

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Fri. Feb. 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Probably around 5-7 tons to start

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”