Drips Sometimes Form on My Keystoker90 Glass

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Fri. Feb. 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Has anyone seen drips like these? I get them from time to time, my coal is not wet. Lightly oiled with peanut oil, and no condensation in my hopper at all. I am just curious about the drips.

Attachments

IMG_2058.JPG

Inside view of glass, drip on bottom right corner. Cleaned tonite everything came off pretty easily.

.JPG | 274.4KB | IMG_2058.JPG

WNYRob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker controlled with CoalTrol

Post by WNYRob » Sat. Feb. 13, 2016 8:10 am

I get condensation on my glass also. I have come to realize, through reading various posts lately, that it may be my use of outside air directed at my combustion fan. If there is humid air being blown into the stove, even though hot, the moisture is going to condense at some point inside at the coolest spots.

If this is occurring on your stove intermittently, it may be coinciding with periods of high relative humidity in your house.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Sun. Feb. 14, 2016 4:36 pm

I too am using outside air for combustion. I have a 2 1/2 inch hose feeding air into the top of the block wall behind the stove, and then core drilled the block wall and pickup the air at the base of the wall behind the stove. I know the setup is not an absolute connection, there is air leakage at the top of he block, I am ok with that. It does have an outside draw, not stellar but a draw none the less.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”