Leisure Line Hearth Model

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Fri. Feb. 05, 2016 11:11 am

Does anyone have a Leisure Line Stoker installed in their fireplace? Just curious what your experience has been.

Thanks,
Andrew

Doby
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast console and Alaska Channing III
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: oil but not much

Post by Doby » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 11:09 am

I have a alaska in a fireplace opening, works well, the biggest problem is its a bear to clean the pipe you have to pull the stove to get at it. Luckily I have the piping with 22's and I just run a brush in there to clean it and only pull the stove every other year to check the pipe. I also have a permanent manometer installed to monitor draft

ASea
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120

Post by ASea » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Doby wrote:I have a alaska in a fireplace opening, works well, the biggest problem is its a bear to clean the pipe you have to pull the stove to get at it. Luckily I have the piping with 22's and I just run a brush in there to clean it and only pull the stove every other year to check the pipe. I also have a permanent manometer installed to monitor draft
I was thinking of blowing the pipe on my Chubby out with a leaf blower LOL! I am seriously considering the stoker I think my wife would be more inclined to run the thing when I am at work.

No issues with the Alaska? I had heard good things about Leisure Line cant say I heard anything negative about the Alaska.

Doby
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast console and Alaska Channing III
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: oil but not much

Post by Doby » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Have the kast counsel model 12 years this is the one in the fireplace (rear vent) and a channing top vent purchased used for 2 years, I prefer the channing because I have a duct ring cut in the top and vent hot air directly upstairs but I like thes stoves because they are simple and very easy to work on plus the factory/ store is very close to me.

LL are similar and very good plus they come with a coal troll thermostat system where with alaska its extra, I would look at both and compare prices

ASea

Post by ASea » Sat. Feb. 06, 2016 9:45 pm

The LL Hearth model is not as nice looking as the Alaska :(

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”