Venting an Alaskan Console II

mjsimpson2

Post by mjsimpson2 » Wed. Apr. 02, 2008 7:45 pm

I'm considering purchasing this model and was told by dealer that installation is fairly easy. I have an existing zero clearnce wood burning fireplace with a double walled stainless flue. Can I just install the flexible stainless pipe into the existing flue and seal with fiberglass as the dealer described? Should I remove the wood burning unit first? Thanks if anyone can help me.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Apr. 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Inside the house, you should/can use the standard black stove pipe and seal the joints, add a baro damper and hook it to your existing chimney/pipe.

I would think your current chimney would be fine, just have it cleaned good. You shouldn't have to line it if it's stainless double wall.

mjsimpson2

Post by mjsimpson2 » Wed. Apr. 02, 2008 8:29 pm

Thanks for the reply.

So I could remove the existing damper and leave the wood fireplace there since the new stove is a hearth model?

Matt

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Apr. 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Well, guess I am not sure how you have it layed out currently. It depends on how accessible the stove pipe is and getting the stove hooked up to the existing flue pipe. you may have to use the flex to move it in/out to hook it up. You just have to make sure it is sealed up goo.

You have a pic of the existing area...

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”