Question About Rotted Push Nipples

Woodfeeder

Post by Woodfeeder » Mon. Mar. 31, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi, im new too the forum and im hoping this is the right spot for asking about getting new pushnipples,for my boiler.I just pulled it apart saturday and carried the sections up a flight of stairs and through her kitchen, from this ladies,basement,the boiler was put in 1923 its a york coal boiler 7 section and 2 of the nipples leaked.On the bottom Does anyone know where I can buy new ones,i will put up pictures soon,thanks, Woodfeeder

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Mon. Mar. 31, 2008 8:34 pm

Woodfeeder

Post by Woodfeeder » Mon. Mar. 31, 2008 8:52 pm

This is a york coal boiler it says it was made by the (abendroth brothers in portchester new york).this is what it says on the door,on top,i talked to the lady that actually was born in the house ,she said the house was built 1923,that when she figures the boiler was put in,, she used too feed coal into it till early 60"s then it was shut down due to water leakage on the left rear of the sections ,when I pulled it apart,i found one nipple rotted and one on its way out . Would like to replace them all before I put together,too run in my house any info would be appreciated.thanks

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Mon. Mar. 31, 2008 8:57 pm

I would contact York and see if they have any info on your unit they might have a number of a refurber who has parts

http://www.yorkupg.com/homeowners/furnaces/index.asp

Yanche
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Post by Yanche » Mon. Mar. 31, 2008 9:30 pm

Woodfeeder wrote:Hi, im new too the forum and im hoping this is the right spot for asking about getting new pushnipples,for my boiler.I just pulled it apart saturday and carried the sections up a flight of stairs and through her kitchen, from this ladies,basement,the boiler was put in 1923 its a york coal boiler 7 section and 2 of the nipples leaked.On the bottom Does anyone know where I can buy new ones,i will put up pictures soon,thanks, Woodfeeder
Try Oneida County Boiler Works Phone: 315- 732-7914 See link for details:
Last edited by Yanche on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>

Woodfeeder

Post by Woodfeeder » Tue. Apr. 01, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks yanche I am going too call them ,they have a great website and im 3 hours from them maybe they"re have the grates I need too , will let you know Thanks woodfeeder

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”