Will Coaltrol Automatically Shut Down??

sauerzbr

Post by sauerzbr » Fri. Mar. 28, 2008 5:56 pm

I am down to my last bag of coal and heading out of town.... if I leave the stove running, it will run out of coal before I get back. Will the coaltrol unit shut down the stove once the temp drops and it realizes there is no more coal burning? Or should I shut it down before I go?

Thank for your comments!!!!

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Fri. Mar. 28, 2008 6:01 pm

You'll need to shut it down yourself. Idea is on the wish list, though. :)

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Fri. Mar. 28, 2008 6:08 pm

The stove will keep running, but I imagine it won't hurt anything though. Although I would personally shut it down and clean the stove rather than let it sit with ash and coal in it. :)

Best bet is fully clean and protect the stove before you leave that way no rust will form and you will be ready for next season. Removing the stove pipe and cleaning it and closing it off from the stove is also the best bet. That way moisture from outside will not have it's way with the interior.

If you do search on summerize your stove there are many good tips, including putting a 60 watt light bulb in the stove for moisture control.

Have a safe trip. :D

Sting
Other Heating: OBSO Lennox Pulse "Air Scorcher" burning NG

Post by Sting » Fri. Mar. 28, 2008 9:52 pm

If you place a snap switch in the smoke, in the upper smoke chamber or near near where the smoke exits the appliance - that will open on temperature drop say about 100 degrees - and let that shut down your appliance - it will also protect you if the idle fire goes out.

To make the appliance relight - place a 30 minute timer to close that same safety circuit - and simply twist it on when you light up. In 30 minutes you certainly will have 100 degrees for the safety to sample - so the switch closes to keep the appliance in normal operation..

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”