Magnum Fine Adjuster HELP!!!

jsang

Post by jsang » Tue. Mar. 25, 2008 10:41 pm

I was turning my fine adjuster and it came lose. I was able to put it back in but now I can't slow down the feed to one dot without it coming out again. What should I do? I can adjust it down to 2 dots.

Please Help!!!!

jsang

Post by jsang » Tue. Mar. 25, 2008 11:23 pm

After reading a bunch of posts I think 2 dots is ok. I have been running my Magnum for a month now and love it. I have not had a chance to put on my barometric damper. I will on Friday.

beatle78

Post by beatle78 » Wed. Mar. 26, 2008 8:38 am

jsang wrote:After reading a bunch of posts I think 2 dots is ok. I have been running my Magnum for a month now and love it. I have not had a chance to put on my barometric damper. I will on Friday.
You really need to put that Baro in. This stove was designed to run with it. I didn't put one in for the first 1.5 seasons and I struggled to heat a fairly small house. One I put it in, I awoke the sleeping giant!!!

What came loose? The threaded rod or the adjuster itself?

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Mar. 26, 2008 11:47 am

If I remember correctly the rod will just screw back in. Then you can adjust the stroke with the adjustment nut. Also if you are stuck on 2 dots you can increase or decrease the time for stoker on Vs off time to get the fire size that works for current conditions. You didn't mention if you're using a Tstat, if so 2 dots should be OK for not dumping burning coals for an extended run.

I agree with Beatle, the baro is essential. :)

Keep us posted on how it all works out.

jsang

Post by jsang » Wed. Mar. 26, 2008 7:14 pm

My problem was solved by opening my air to the combustion blower. I should get my barometric damper on friday. Everything is working great.

jsang

Post by jsang » Thu. Mar. 27, 2008 11:41 am

I fixed the fine adjuster. I loosen the wing nut and then tighten the screw, push the black piece in as far as I could. I screwed the wing nut in and then turned the adjuster back. I am now at 1.25 dots.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”