Wireless Thermostat on Harman Magnum

Vstan
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman magnum
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Electric

Post by Vstan » Sat. Nov. 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Can a wireless thermostat be used on the Harman magnum Stove? If so, what kind and who sells it!

Vstan

Post by Vstan » Mon. Nov. 16, 2015 11:04 am

I found this company called Skytech . They have a wireless thermostat, model 3301 that they said will work on the Harman magnum stoves. Anyone ever hear anything about them or their product working on the Harman stoves?

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Nov. 16, 2015 11:20 am

I have not heard of them or remember anyone using a wireless 'stat to control their Harman. Not saying it can't be done, but I just don't remember reading about it.

Seems to me the only requirement would be the unit attached to the stove's control box would need a relay capable of the voltage and current draw of the switch. I don't know offhand what that would be. With a conventional 'stat hooked up you could easily measure the voltage (24V maybe?) and current draw if you have a multi-meter.

Please document what you find so others will have this as a resource in the future.

Vstan

Post by Vstan » Sun. Nov. 22, 2015 9:35 am

I purchased the Skytech remote control (wireless) thermostat on EBay. $109.95. I purchased from USA Fireplace. They said I could return it if it didn't work. Well... It works Fantastic! Easy to set up and use!!! Now I don't have to deal with any ugly wires stretched across my family room!!

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”