Keystoker 90 Wiring Questions

CoalGuyPVL
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 (1992)
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: Ultimate oil boiler

Post by CoalGuyPVL » Wed. Oct. 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Hey guys,

I've recently fired up an old Keystoker 90 that I refurbished, but the wiring does not quite seem right. Electrical design is not my strong suit...

1. I suspect there may be a warm air limit on the stove (in place of the stack sensor), as the stove shuts off when the stack temp hits the temperature on the dial. The stack sensor is supposed to turn it on when it reaches a minimum temperature, right (to maintain a minimum fire if no t-stat call for heat)? Also, what is your guys' typical stack temp during operation?

2. The convection fan does not kick on at the center pointer (fan limit switch setting). It's set for 150 degrees right now. I've just been running it in manual (pushed in white button).

3. I've read that the combustion fan should be wired to run full time. Where would I tie this in? Right now it is in a circuit with the feed motor.

Thanks,
Will

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Oct. 28, 2015 7:01 pm

CoalGuyPVL wrote:Hey guys,

I've recently fired up an old Keystoker 90 that I refurbished, but the wiring does not quite seem right. Electrical design is not my strong suit...

1. I suspect there may be a warm air limit on the stove (in place of the stack sensor), as the stove shuts off when the stack temp hits the temperature on the dial. The stack sensor is supposed to turn it on when it reaches a minimum temperature, right (to maintain a minimum fire if no t-stat call for heat)? Also, what is your guys' typical stack temp during operation?

The "fixed" unmovable high safety limit @200* is to be wired to cut off power to stoker so as not to get over heated if it ran beyond. Nothing to do with idle fire.

2. The convection fan does not kick on at the center pointer (fan limit switch setting). It's set for 150 degrees right now. I've just been running it in manual (pushed in white button).

Can try moving to a lower setting to see if it might work , otherwise it's replacement time.

3. I've read that the combustion fan should be wired to run full time. Where would I tie this in? Right now it is in a circuit with the feed motor.

Only fan run constant is if there is a smaller second combustion fan.

Thanks,
Will

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”