Harman Magnum Stoker

tvb

Post by tvb » Thu. Feb. 28, 2008 9:15 pm

The Harman is being installed Tuesday - yea! I can't wait to not have to massage the VC Vigilant several times a day.

ginski

Post by ginski » Fri. Feb. 29, 2008 2:52 am

i've had the magnum for 2 years now & with a digital thermostat upstairs & using the 6" duct feature & blowers in the basement ceiling it keeps the temp within 1 degree of the thermostat set point upstairs and downstairs, so I don't understand the 5 degree difference I read in a previous post to this topic...it might have been a mercury thermostat being used or no thermostat at all which I believe to be the case.

it's a well built stove which delivers an enormous heat output when needed, and you won't be disappointed.

i hear in 400 years we'll have exhausted our coal supplies so buy it now...approaching the year 2408 it's resale value will be questionable at best.

tom

beatle78

Post by beatle78 » Fri. Feb. 29, 2008 11:27 am

ginski wrote:i've had the magnum for 2 years now & with a digital thermostat upstairs & using the 6" duct feature & blowers in the basement ceiling it keeps the temp within 1 degree of the thermostat set point upstairs and downstairs, so I don't understand the 5 degree difference I read in a previous post to this topic...it might have been a mercury thermostat being used or no thermostat at all which I believe to be the case.

it's a well built stove which delivers an enormous heat output when needed, and you won't be disappointed.

i hear in 400 years we'll have exhausted our coal supplies so buy it now...approaching the year 2408 it's resale value will be questionable at best.

tom
:funny: :funny: :funny:

tvb

Post by tvb » Fri. Feb. 29, 2008 11:54 am

I just hope the old stove sells quickly then and I'll worry about the heirloom value of the Harman another day. :P
Good to hear!

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”