Koker Lite First Burn Experience

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 9:47 am

Welcome to the forum Ttem27.

jfreethy has a good point, especialy since your unit is in the under house garage, garage doors don't keep cold out very well. If you have put a ton or two through the stove, it may be time for a cleaning.

BUT, you should start your own thread on this and not hi-jack someone elses. That will make it less confussing for everyone and you will get your problem figured out faster.

-Don

Ttem27
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker Lite
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ttem27 » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 1:39 pm

I would say at this point probably half to 3/4 of a ton, and for most of the time it's been running full speed.

Ttem27
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker Lite
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ttem27 » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks for the replies. No problem at all. I thought this was the Koker Lite thread. My apologies. Now if I could just figure out how to make a new thread..

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Super easy,

Go to; Coal Stokers: Boilers, Furnaces and Stoves

Then click on the "New Topic" icon near the top.

Type in a name for it. State your question or problem.

Boom, there you have it, your very own thread. That will make it easy for you to keep track of answers to your question. And, you will get many responses to your question without having to weed through other posters problems.

Also, in the future, when some else has the same question or problem, they may uncover the answer by finding your thread by doing a search. Answers to your question, in the end, will hlep many more people with the same problem.

Thank you,

-Don

fasteddie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: koker lite
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: gas furnace

Post by fasteddie » Wed. Nov. 18, 2015 8:28 pm

Ttem27 wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to the coal world. I had a koker lite installed in the end of November. So far it's been great up until the other day. It's been keeping my bi-level house ( approx. 1800 sq feet) around 68-75 degrees. The stove is located in my garage, which is underneath the bedrooms. Now typically the garage has been extremely warm. The past several days I've been working nightshift and have come home to find the house to be around 68 degrees in the living room (opposite end of the house) and only 63-64 in the bedrooms, warming up to around 67 by late afternoon. It just seems as if something isn't right to me, almost like the stove isn't burning as hot as it used too. I included a picture of my setup and the fire, hoping you guys can point me in the right direction if everything looks right. Now the temp outside has dropped a little as well but I still feel like my garage should be a lot warmer than it is with the stove cranking full throttle. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
hey ttem, you available for advice? we have similar, possibly identical, units and setups. eddie

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”