Can I Buy a Direct Vent Kit for My Older Econo 1

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Mon. May. 12, 2014 9:03 pm

I want to give my Leisure Line Econo 1 to my son but they do not have a chimney they can use. He can direct vent it very easily. Only problem this stove does not have a direct vent on it.

Does anybody know if I can buy a direct vent kit to put on it?

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. May. 12, 2014 9:04 pm

I am not sure about the direct vent, but it can be power vented.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. May. 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Just so it's clear here Larry "Direct Vent" pushes air into the stove causing positive pressure and is built into the stove. The benefit is the gases do not have to go through the vent. Downside is you need an airtight stove and frankly it's not something I would be comfortable with and certainly not something you would retrofit if it wasn't designed for it. I may be wrong but I don't think LL makes any models with direct vent now or in the past.

"Power vent" is on the end of the flue and pulls air causing negative pressure. The downside is the gases have to go through the vent so you have maintenance issues with the vent itself. There shouldn't be any issue adding one of these, the reason you can use these with smaller stokers is because they have a relatively small amount of coal available to burn, if the power goes out it will extinguish itself in a short time. They can't be used on hand fired stoves or larger stokers like a EFM because they can go for hours.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Tue. May. 13, 2014 7:24 am

Ok it's a terminology thingy on stokers.

The stokers combustion fan blows air into the firebox through the grates and the stove is connected to a chimney. The venting is natural draft from the chimney.

Keystoker and Alaska advertise a direct vent that mounts onto the stove outlet and pulls the products of combustion from the stove and vents usually through a 4" vent pipe through the wall.

A power vent mounts on the vent pipe outside the house and pulls the products of combustion from the stove and exhausts it outside.

Both the direct vent and the power vent need to be cleaned on a regular basis.

Does anyone know if you can buy a direct vent kit?

Rev. Larry

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. May. 13, 2014 8:34 am

Have you called any of our dealers? The 4AF powervent will work with the Econo.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. May. 13, 2014 1:48 pm

blrman07 wrote:
Keystoker and Alaska advertise a direct vent that mounts onto the stove outlet and pulls the products of combustion from the stove and vents usually through a 4" vent pipe through the wall.
The terminaolgy is not specific to coal stokers, you can have a direct vent natural gas heater. The outlet and inlet are usually the same pipe on direct vent. It's double walled, the combustion air is pushed(not pulled) into the stove through the outside pipe. The gases exit through the inside pipe.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Tue. May. 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Flyer5 wrote:Have you called any of our dealers? The 4AF powervent will work with the Econo.
Thanks I will give Pool World in Shamokin Pa. a call.

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. May. 13, 2014 9:10 pm

blrman07 wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Have you called any of our dealers? The 4AF powervent will work with the Econo.
Thanks I will give Pool World in Shamokin Pa. a call.

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa.
We have been out for about 2 weeks but we have a new order arriving 5-21 I know Gino already has at least 1 on order. So please be patient. Sales have been higher than expected this year. Its a good thing, but we have been getting caught short on a few things.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Wed. May. 14, 2014 5:30 am

Flyer5 wrote:
We have been out for about 2 weeks but we have a new order arriving 5-21 I know Gino already has at least 1 on order. So please be patient. Sales have been higher than expected this year. Its a good thing, but we have been getting caught short on a few things.
What a good problem to have huh?

Rev. Larry

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. May. 14, 2014 7:14 am

blrman07 wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:
What a good problem to have huh?

Rev. Larry
No complaints here. And I appreciate and thank everyone that helps us to grow.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”