5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Sat. Dec. 18, 2010 12:02 pm
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
- Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.
- Location: Connecticut
I've been told by a reliable source that the Keystoker Koker 160 is the better unit. The Hitzer is good, but the Koker is better.
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Sat. Mar. 17, 2007 6:29 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
- Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
- Other Heating: Oil HWBB
- Location: Central NH, Concord area
The quality is fine on both units, but 7 large is quite a 'lever' on your wallet.
- Posts: 617
- Joined: Thu. May. 01, 2008 7:12 pm
- Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
- Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker
- Location: Nottingham,Pa
$700 is a fair amount to save on purchase. Saving money now, doesn't help if you have to pay for more coal to feed the beast. Which unit is designed better.