It"S Still Cold

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Apr. 26, 2014 6:41 am

I was convinced in March that I had enough coal for another year so much for my estimating talents! This latest spell has sealed my fate and another TT load is coming Monday morning with spring prices attached. I wonder where the money is coming from? I know, I will demand that the farm employees works a day without day and I will borrow Daves Jetski and go play. Wow, sometimes I can be sooo creative. This way I can prevent people chopping their thumb off at home doing silly things. With me safety comes first.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sat. Apr. 26, 2014 2:35 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Rick 386 wrote:Dave,

You da' man !!!!!!! :clap: :notworthy: :bighug:

Way to treat the employees.

Rick
Last time I got a paid day off, I added some sofet vents to my roof .... hit a 2by12, saw came down and chopped my thumb off. Had it re-attached (aint top of the pops ~ to be expected)...I blamed my boss
Luckily we all survived without injury. :)

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Sat. Apr. 26, 2014 2:39 pm

coalnewbie wrote:I was convinced in March that I had enough coal for another year so much for my estimating talents! This latest spell has sealed my fate and another TT load is coming Monday morning with spring prices attached. I wonder where the money is coming from? I know, I will demand that the farm employees works a day without day and I will borrow Daves Jetski and go play. Wow, sometimes I can be sooo creative. This way I can prevent people chopping their thumb off at home doing silly things. With me safety comes first.
Employee moral is important. I am putting in for us to get Obamaski's next year. :)

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Apr. 27, 2014 6:36 am

I woke up to a nice coating of frost and 32/33 degrees here this morning. Looking ahead into the May weather forecast, I'm seeing some mid to upper 30 degree nights there as well. The expert thinking is that the vast and near record ice coverage over the Great Lakes will make for a cold spring.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Sun. Apr. 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Summer in the Northeast, May, June July, and August :mad: 120 days of warmth make the most of it, outside tonite mid forties working on the dump trailer with sweatshirt, vest and carhart knitted cap :mad:
Oh yeah Keystoker 90 still burning, 6640 lbs till now since October 22, 2013. Why do we live here :?:

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Mon. Apr. 28, 2014 6:45 am

Woke up to 32 degrees and frost this morning in the heart of the southern anthracite coal region. Our bedroom was chilly at 62 which is where I had the oil boiler thermostat set at.

I believed the weather reports which said we were only supposed to get down to the low 40's. Silly me!!!

Looked at the hourly forecast and it said that at the time we had 32 degrees it was supposed to be 40. 8 degrees off is the difference between freezing the water lines to our washing machine and washing clothes today. I relit the coal stove AGAIN and the house is now back up to 72.

Going to have to buy some more buckets of coal today. The Keystone Anthracite breaker is only a couple of minutes away so it's not a big deal other than in my head.

Rev. Larry
New Beginning Church
Ashland Pa.

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Mon. Apr. 28, 2014 7:42 am

One should not have to be mowing the grass, planting veggies in the garden, picking hyacinths for indoor vases, and moving coal for house warmth all in the same day. It just isn't right I tell ya!! MIke

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Apr. 28, 2014 7:52 am

lsayre wrote:The expert thinking is that the vast and near record ice coverage over the Great Lakes will make for a cold spring.
Makes sense to me. The month of May can be very cold and damp for us, depending on the temperature of Lake Champlain and wind direction.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Apr. 28, 2014 6:14 pm

In the USA the year 2014 is currently the 3rd coldest year on record (from Jan1 through Feb 26), and this next week is anticipated to thrust it into the #1 spot on the all time coldest year list.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/201 ... s-history/

I'm looking at 6,584 HDD's here in my neck of Ohio from October 1st through April 30th of 2013/2014. A year ago over the same span we had 5,912 HDD's.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. May. 01, 2014 9:51 pm

I am amazed at how many people are calling because they are relighting their stoves. Normally our phones are quiet this time of year but not this week.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”