Keystoker Stove

eckrobert

Post by eckrobert » Fri. Feb. 01, 2008 6:03 am

Hi. I am considering purchasing a Keystoker freestanding coal stove. I would like to know if anyone has one and how they like it. Also my wife is concerned how much dirt is produced when burning coal.

Thanks for the info.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Feb. 01, 2008 7:49 am

If you do a search on here, you will see many of us have Keystoker along with many other brands. They all accomplish the same thing.
You just have to install it per the mfr. specs, We heated our old house almost entirely with our Keystoker 90K Direct Vent.

You will not have "DIRT" but only a little dust and ash when loading coal and removing the ash pan. Some have developed techinques for loading and unloading the stove to minimize the dust.

If you look in the Photo gallery, you will see many have them in there living areas.
Pictures of Your Stove

europachris

Post by europachris » Fri. Feb. 01, 2008 8:55 am

I was a bit worried about the dirt and dust with my stove, which is an older model Keystoker direct vent unit that I rebuilt. I can happily say that there is VERY little dust and almost zero dirt, as well as no smell unless I have the doors open during cleaning the glass or changing the ash bucket, and then it's a very minimal "pleasant" coal smell.

I burn bagged Blaschak, which is damp to quite wet, so there is no dust when loading the hopper.

So, I just have to dust a little more often, but it's really very minimal, and extremely easy to keep clean. Having a shop-vac handy with a drywall dust filter bag installed is a big help in keeping the area around the stove clean as well as vacuuming flyash out of the stove on a regular basis. If you don't use a drywall filter, the dust will go right through (or a lot of it will) as it is quite fine. Found that out the hard way.....

eckrobert

Post by eckrobert » Sun. Feb. 03, 2008 6:31 am

Thanks for the info.

upstate

Post by upstate » Sun. Feb. 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Get one, you'll love it. Keystoker 90 heates the whole house(1700sq). Dust is not a problem when filling unless empty, then you may get some. Very little ash outside the stove.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”