Time to Get Coal ?

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
BigFoot
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130
Coal Size/Type: PEA
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: AA130

Post Mon. Mar. 31, 2014 7:10 am

Got 3 ton of pea coal on Feb 7th just hit the floor of the ben with the shovel ,got to get more (about a ton left) thought I would be good till fall O well ! :x I just thought what if I didn't have my boiler ,do you know how much oil I would have burned ! :D

captcaper
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman Super Magnum
Stove/Furnace Model: Super Magnum Stoker

Post Mon. Mar. 31, 2014 7:28 am

I bet you've been nice and warm. I have since I got a stoker. I just got 2 pallets (1.2 ton each) and will stock up this summer. We will burn until April 30 th I bet here in Northern NH. Lot's of snow on the ground still.
I have burnt coal since 1982 except for a few years when I moved into here. It was when fuel went way up to almost $5 per gallon. Was that in 2008 or 09 ? Anyway I was freezing keeping the fuel down. I said to the wife time to start burning some black stuff again. Went out and bought a hand fired Harman. Should of bought a Stoker then but my dumb mentality diverted me. You know the excuses..if the power goes out,many parts and maintenance,etc.
If I had known it would be so steady and simple to maintain. Should of could of ..
Current Stove Harman Super Magnum
Owned before
Harman Mark III Wood Parlor stove Scandia Wood Stove 2 Chubby Coal Stoves Small Pot Belly Cast Iron

BigFoot
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130
Coal Size/Type: PEA
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: AA130

Post Mon. Mar. 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Same with me ,the year I paid 4,000 on oil and that only got me til the end of feb ,got this AA130 and there has been a fire in her belly ever since ,about 7years now and only out a hand full of days with a few out fires and to cleanout she been a good girl , had to replace her timer and a bearing but all good , 2000sq ft and im adding 900 this year(garage} ! ;) she paid for herself in 5 years
lets see how many more she will give me ,I think she was maid in the early 50s !

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”