A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
- New Member
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed. Feb. 26, 2014 8:52 pm
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing 3
- Coal Size/Type: Rice coal Anthracite
- Other Heating: A cold wells McLain oil boiler
- Location: Clarksburg, Massachusetts
It got down to -8 last night, can't wait to see some green grass and some veggies in the garden!
- Hambden Bob
- Posts: 6472
- Joined: Mon. Jan. 04, 2010 10:54 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
- Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
- Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air
- Location: Hambden Twp. Geauga County,Ohio
Jesus,woke up to 15* and now don't know how to act.....Help!
Remember,There's No Sight Like Anthracite !......Hambden Bob