New Koker-Lite

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 4:32 pm

It's not bad hauling in these parts, nothing much that you could call a hill , little if any traffic in winter & mostly all secondary roads so there is no pressure of keeping up with traffic or anything like that, throw the four ways on & take your time. 8-)

kirklehook
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker-Lite
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by kirklehook » Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 5:18 pm

EarthWindandFire wrote:The Keystoker website says that the Lite is 25" inches deep, is that right?
It is. 25" deep, 26" wide, 44" tall (minus hopper and motor).

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Member "WoodHog" just installed a new Koker Lite in November. Heating about 2,000 sq ft with no problems. Best of Both Worlds?

Tie it into your main trunk with ductwork as big as the rectangeller hole in the top of the furnace. Make sure to tie the blower inlet to your return duct too, or the heat may not distribute well.
KokerLiteInstallCOAL! 013.JPG

Koker Lite

.JPG | 124.9KB | KokerLiteInstallCOAL! 013.JPG
He is a first time coal burner and he was smart enough to put a 5 ton coal bin next to the Koker Lite and get it filled in November. I've been burning coal for years and I have to go out tomorrow to get my third load this season!

-Don

samhill

Post by samhill » Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 8:02 pm

SD, where is his exhaust going, looks like thru the wall but there is something else running from the other furnace area.
That one looks more like a Koker 160 with the glass door, nice clean looking install. ;)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman

Post by StokerDon » Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 8:18 pm

It goes into a masonary chimney. We "T" 'ed the oil burner in with it at first. After WoodHog realized he didn't want to burn oil anymore he capped off the oil burner. Heres a shot of the two hooked up. I don't have a shot of the current capped off settup.
KokerLiteInstallCOAL! 011.JPG

Koker Lite

.JPG | 100.8KB | KokerLiteInstallCOAL! 011.JPG
That little furnace does a great job. 90,000BTU, you realy don't need more than that for most houses. Other than loosing the fire due to a power outage, it has been ZERO problems. And this is someone who never burned coal before. It also seems to be very good on coal, I think he has a good 2.5 ton left. The Polar Vortex eat all my coal!

-Don

samhill

Post by samhill » Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 8:33 pm

I've had zero problems with my 160 except the glass getting dirty but even at 66 I kind of enjoy going down & adding coal & checking. :)

jrn8265

Post by jrn8265 » Fri. Feb. 28, 2014 10:27 am

Samhill, $55 to replace the glass!! Gotta be able to see the fire or its no fun!! :)

strez123

Post by strez123 » Sun. Mar. 02, 2014 11:17 am

This is my second heating season on my koker lite and am very pleased with it. 2.5 ton of coal so far this year. I put this unit in to stop using my hot air propane furnace and have not used it since. ONE VERY HAPPY COAL BURNER.

Attachments

securedownload-1.jpeg
.JPEG | 93.7KB | securedownload-1.jpeg
securedownload.jpeg
.JPEG | 88.1KB | securedownload.jpeg

StokerDon
Site Moderator

Post by StokerDon » Mon. Mar. 03, 2014 8:05 pm

strez,

Your Koker Lite looks totaly different than Kirklehook's and WoodHog's. Keystoker must have made a lot of changes over the last Two years.

-Don

strez123

Post by strez123 » Tue. Mar. 04, 2014 6:58 am

YES Don mine started out looking the same : I fabricated a hot air jacket around the unit. IF you do a search koker 105 hot air jacket there is more info.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Tue. Mar. 04, 2014 6:56 pm

The Koker Lite looked fantastic to me a few days ago (even horizontal), but the more pictures I see of them the more fantastic they look. I like the fact that it doesn't have any glass windows to mess with. If my home had forced air heat I think one of these would be the ticket.

StokerDon
Site Moderator

Post by StokerDon » Tue. Mar. 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Good job strez,

With that setup your capturing and distributing more of your heat. And using less of it to heat your basement!

-Don

kirklehook
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker-Lite
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by kirklehook » Thu. Mar. 06, 2014 11:30 am

Had a fella come by last week. We tapped into to my main supply trunk with an 8" round. Due to the main supply "T"-ing at my propane unit, it doesn't want to sent hot air to the opposite side from where we tapped-in at. He's coming by tomorrow and building a rectangle plenum on top of the Koker, then running (2) 8" lines off of that (one going to each side of my old unit). Going to see about drawing from the cold-air returns too instead of out of the basement. Wish me luck!

StokerDon
Site Moderator

Post by StokerDon » Fri. Mar. 07, 2014 7:04 pm

That return air hookup will draw hot air into the rooms at the far end of the run. It does this by removing the cold air from those rooms. I hope it works out for ya!

Post some photos.

-Don

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”