Temperature Variation

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
Ed
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska Kast Console

Post Fri. Jan. 25, 2008 4:52 pm

Wondering if any of you ever see this. This morning (5:00 a.m.) I check my stove (Alaska Stoker), The temp on the front of the stove is a little over 500 degrees. I come home from work this afternoon and check it , and it's around 425. This stove is not on a thermostat or anything. I set it and leave it go. It usually averages around 450 give or take 10 degrees. Do you think it could be the coal? I don't see any other reason it would do this. What do ya think?
Attachments
stove controls.jpg

stoker-man
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Post Fri. Jan. 25, 2008 5:22 pm

If you just got a new load of coal, I would suspect that the coal is the culprit.
‹(•¿•)›

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Post Fri. Jan. 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Depends on the outside temp, If it's really cold, it will draw better and probably heat up more, then it warms up and the stove runs a bit cooler. I have notice a bit more coal cakes, small clinkers since its been below 10-15 degrees at night, and I haven't changed anything in the stove or changed coal.
- Dave
Hyfire I & Keystoker 90K heating an 1890 Victorian
- Amsoil Authorized T1 Certified Dealer

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”