Reading Susquehanna and Coal-Trol

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Tue. Feb. 04, 2014 8:31 pm

good to hear its back to providing normal heat. Make a mental note of how much coal you have gone through since the install. If you burned 3 ton since then maybe you should plan on doing a clean out when you have run 2.5 ton of coal through it.

TheNewberrys
Stoker Coal Boiler: Reading susquahana

Post by TheNewberrys » Tue. Mar. 04, 2014 4:30 pm

I am having the same problems with my pipes clogging, happens to me about every other month seems to be when the stove is not running very hard and it is not creating very much convection suction from the low heat, does anyone know of a fix for this? I have a natural brick chimney and a barometric dampener. thoughts on a power draft? and how it would run with the thermostat and not suck all my heat out??

thanks
tyler

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Tue. Mar. 04, 2014 6:31 pm

A draft booster/inducer might work. You would set its speed and the baro damper with a manometer in order to make sure you aren't pulling too much from the stove.

You may also simply be able to increase you MIN setting a little bit in order to keep a bit higher temp in the flue and keep a stronger draft going. Many people end up having to do this during the fall and spring due to warmer outdoor temps and thus reduced draft.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”