Pioneer Convection Fan Motor

marcam

Post by marcam » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:00 pm

DaveR wrote:What I ended up doing was bending the tab down in back and making a thin rubber gasket. Slide the fan unit in place which is hard to do because of the gasket :mad: Once I got it in place I put the two nuts back on and tightened up. This along with half inch rubber feet all the way around has quieted the stove up. It is a design flaw by not having a 4 bolt system with a gasket. The fan vibration transmits into the stove through the air chamber that distributes the hot air. I have noticed that the owners of LL quickly disappear off here once their suggestion doesn't work. But thats what brings us here RIGHT ? to help each other solve our problems with these stoves. Thanks for your suggestion, sounds like you went through everything I did. Take Care
I have never had any issues with LL owners. Always there to help anytime, even on saturdays, I've even received return calls at night. I will buy another stove, I will buy from them. No if, ands, or bugs about it.

my 2 cents...

marcam

Post by marcam » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:04 pm

DaveR wrote:Does anybody get this moaning sound coming from their convection fan motor ? I have put a gasket between the fan and body of the stove and still the moaning motor noise translates through the body of the stove. It is NOT the hamster wheel blowing sound or sucking sound. Sound more like a cheap motor. My stove is 2 months old, not sure if they are using cheap blowers or I just got a bad one. I have tried everything to no avail. Even have the stove sitting on rubber feet to absorb the vibration. Love the stove but just about had it with the up and down moaning sound. My combustion motor is fine, wish this motor was as quiet.
I get the groan. I HAD the groan.
1) I have acoustical 1/4" rubber feet under each leg (really dense rubber)...doesn't really help.
2) What I did was years ago, cut a wedge of wood maybe 4" long and 1" high, what ever angle that ends up being. I jammed the wedge under the convection motor, groan immediately gone.

I found my groan was the entire stove vibrating on the tile floor. With the wedge, it stops completely. Every now and then it works its way loose and the groan comes back.

take care,
Scott

DaveR
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: leisure line pioneer

Post by DaveR » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:25 pm

I just haven't had the same experience as you. Each time I've called I'm told have my dealer deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I love the stove and do not mind tinkering as I am a perfectionist. I would think as a owner one would want to directly interact with problems that may be a design flaw. We are not buying junk here. If I wanted junt I'd buy from lowes or HD. So I get a little upset when I have a quality product that gives me problems that a cheap stove would give me. I research everything and in the end I choose LL. THAT being said , I may have a isolated problem, but just don't tell me unfortunately every now and then we get bad motors cause their outsourced. Not my problem...... Fix It !!!!! That is what I expect for $2800 ...fix it

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:35 pm

DaveR wrote:I just haven't had the same experience as you. Each time I've called I'm told have my dealer deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I love the stove and do not mind tinkering as I am a perfectionist. I would think as a owner one would want to directly interact with problems that may be a design flaw. We are not buying junk here. If I wanted junt I'd buy from lowes or HD. So I get a little upset when I have a quality product that gives me problems that a cheap stove would give me. I research everything and in the end I choose LL. THAT being said , I may have a isolated problem, but just don't tell me unfortunately every now and then we get bad motors cause their outsourced. Not my problem...... Fix It !!!!! That is what I expect for $2800 ...fix it
I don't think either Matt or I would brush off a call by saying just have your dealer deal with it. If it is a part that is bad yes the dealer is to be involved that is why they are there. We do ask everyone who calls who their dealer is just for tracking issues. So it concerns me what your agenda is to come on the board and your first few posts are so negative.

DaveR
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: leisure line pioneer

Post by DaveR » Thu. Feb. 13, 2014 9:56 pm

I have no agenda what so ever. I'm caught in the middle because of a problem between my dealer and your company. As I stated I love your stove. Trust me , I haven't had such a enjoyable winter warmth wise as this winter because of your stove. But as I stated before in another post, after I stated my problem and described exactly what was happening and that I had to install gaskets to half solve my problem, I never got a response from you. Only response was some motors are bad. Trust me I will have Manny change out motor at end of season when I can shut it down and see if I can do a better gasket job. So trust I have no agenda. Just want a quiet stove.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Fri. Feb. 14, 2014 10:46 am

DaveR wrote:I have no agenda what so ever. I'm caught in the middle because of a problem between my dealer and your company. As I stated I love your stove. Trust me , I haven't had such a enjoyable winter warmth wise as this winter because of your stove. But as I stated before in another post, after I stated my problem and described exactly what was happening and that I had to install gaskets to half solve my problem, I never got a response from you. Only response was some motors are bad. Trust me I will have Manny change out motor at end of season when I can shut it down and see if I can do a better gasket job. So trust I have no agenda. Just want a quiet stove.

You should not need to wait till the end of the season. If you think it is a bad motor just have Manny let us know. If he has one in stock it should be no problem. If you want to deal directly with us on a warranty item the old part has to be sent to us first and we will send out a new one. This is our policy. The dealer should have replacement parts available. And can exchange immediately if he does have them in stock. He should also be there to help you solve an issue , that is the reason dealers are there. If calling the factory is necessary we will always help as much as possible. I have literally spent hrs on the phone helping solve issues that the dealer cannot resolve. We may tell you we cannot help right at this time and will arrange a better time to call. That happens a lot this time of year. But we always help.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”