Help With Stoker Stove Setup Please!

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Tue. Nov. 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Well it looks like we have another coal burner amongst us.

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Dan. A couple of pictures sent to me, some discussion on the phone, rerouting some wires, and BAM, he's up and running like a champ. Power vent is now adjustable and the combustion fan is running full time for a complete burn. And the distribution fan is also adjustable.

I think he deserves the beer he is now getting before sitting in front of the stove to enjoy the heat those black rocks make.
:clap: :cheers:

Isn't modern technology great with the advent of smart phones ????

And a good word here for Flyer. Dan told me how he had discussions with Dave before he bought this used Alaska. Dave, he may not have bought the stove from you, but you did make a coal burner out of him. Perhaps in a year or 2 you'll get to upgrade him to a LL with CoalTrol !!!

Rick

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Nov. 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Very nice Rick.

Derdman

Post by Derdman » Tue. Nov. 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Rick, I cannot thank you enough for all your kindness! The assistance you provided me has practically the entire basement of our bi-level home (that had zero heat and the stove running for two days) getting nice and toasty. It was a pleasure meeting via this forum, as I learned a lot from you! Also, I would like to thank the others for their insight and help too.

Now, one other thing Rick, you're right about Dave, he may not even remember my phone call to him last week but he certainly helped me get started!

In closing, a huge thank you once again to all and Rick if you ever come to Berwick again to Lesiure Line you literally drive pass our house to get there. You will have to stop and enjoy a beer with me in front of this perfect operating stove that is because of you!

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”