Min Max Settings for Coal-Trol and Hitzer 608

nemaine
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by nemaine » Wed. Nov. 13, 2013 10:02 pm

I just installed a Hitzer 608 and was wondering what the Min-Max setting should be. I couldn't find it in the manuel; right now it is on min 6 max 40 is this a good starting point?

WNYRob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker controlled with CoalTrol

Post by WNYRob » Thu. Nov. 14, 2013 8:42 am

If you don't have a good starting point, go through the extended set up instructions for MIN and MAX in the manual. A brief summary of these instructions was posted yesterday, they are :

"..... Then go on the MIN screen (tap MENU button until it shows up) and leave it there so the fire comes down to that setting (wait 30-40 minutes). Then adjust it a point at a time up or down as needed, with 15-20 minutes between adjustments, to dial it in for your particular stove. You should have about 1 inch of burning coal at this idle setting. Then do the same for the MAX setting. For max you're aiming to have the fire full, but no burning off the grate. There should be 1-1.5 inches of ash at the end of the grate for full burn."

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Thu. Nov. 14, 2013 10:24 am

For the Hitzer 608 stove the factory setting for MIN is 6 and MAX is 40. For the Hitzer 710 furnace, the MIN is 6 and the MAX is 30.
Fine adjustment may be made as WNYRob said.

nemaine
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by nemaine » Thu. Nov. 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks. I am new to heating with coal and when the temps get colder I will fine tune it.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”