Hyfire II Burners

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
jhart
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: hyfire ii

Post Tue. Nov. 12, 2013 12:34 pm

With both burners lit, the fires on my hyfire II are at the back of the grates with roughly 3 inches of burnt coal at the ends of grates. The feed rate stays under 15% all the time . The max is 40 and min is 4. Does this sound rate or should the fire be farther forward on the grates. I an new to burning coal and open to suggestions.

Flyer5
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post Tue. Nov. 12, 2013 4:56 pm

At idle the fire goes back. The FR or feed rate increases with call for more heat.
http://www.leisurelinestove.com

You know when people say it was "better back in my day"?

They were right.

jhart
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: hyfire ii

Post Tue. Nov. 12, 2013 7:41 pm

I think it has just been too warm the past two weeks here in western NY. The fire has just idled until now. The last 24 hours have been from 25 at night to 36 day and the fire actually changed on the grates and feed rate went into high 30% range. House is warm and life is good. Couldn't be happier with this stove.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”