Hard-On for the New Harman Co.?

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Fri. Nov. 01, 2013 2:25 pm

No need to explain Doug, I clearly stated that using 1/8" inch steel was done by Jerry because he understood thermodynamics. Also, it has to be said that 1/8" inch steel is economically less expensive for the manufacturer and ultimately the homeowner.

If I had to purchase a stoker-stove based on aesthetics alone, I would have to choose a Harman or Keystoker. On the other hand, be it for price or reliability, my decision would be Leisure Line which is why I own one.

LDPosse

Post by LDPosse » Fri. Nov. 01, 2013 4:22 pm

After sitting on the sidelines watching this thread, I decided to write HHT and see what they had to say about their stoves. They actually wrote me back in a timely fashion. I asked if any portions of the manufacturing process was off shored to China. Here is their response :
Hearth & Home Technologies wrote: Thank you for your inquiry.

All Harman appliances are assembled in the USA, in either Pennsylvania or
Iowa. Some parts are obtained from Canada or Mexico.

Your local dealer can best qualify your needs based on your specifications
and home. We recommend you work with them for the best possible selection.

For assistance finding a local dealer, visit our website.
So, they do source some parts outside of the USA, but at least it's not China or India....

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Fri. Nov. 01, 2013 4:32 pm

LDPosse wrote:
Hearth & Home Technologies wrote: ... Some parts are obtained from Canada or Mexico.
So, they do source some parts outside of the USA, but at least it's not China or India....
Cynic that I am, I will point out that HHT did not say "no parts come from China". They just said some parts come from Canada and Mexico.
So if I'm buying parts from Canada and Mexico and China, it is true (but not complete) to say that I'm buying some from Canada and Mexico.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Fri. Nov. 01, 2013 4:47 pm

I honestly believe most of their Harman stove line is made here. The electronics I am not sure. They use some of our same suppliers. We do buy our electrical cords from china. Why because no one makes them here anymore that meet our UL specs :mad: . They may run into the same issues. We also started using a blower that we get from a Canadian distributor that is from china. But the reason is not cost it actually costs more but the Quality is much better than the Mexico version. I think Harman makes a great product but they are also run by shareholders so they get to dictate how things are run. Matt and I are the only shareholders here and that still gets complicated at times. It has got to be a nightmare when there are thousands of chiefs. We do have them beat in long term and overall maintenance costs though, but I admit they have a nicer looking stoker. For now. :D

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post by Carbon12 » Fri. Nov. 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Hoo boy,.....here goes. Just saw a scrawl on the bottom of The Weather Channel here in central PA. A stove store in Halifax, PA is offering 0% financing for 12 months on any qualifying Harman wood, pellet or coal stove until the end of November. Not sure if this is a Harman promotion or the stove store.

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Fri. Nov. 01, 2013 6:46 pm

LDPosse wrote:After sitting on the sidelines watching this thread, I decided to write HHT and see what they had to say about their stoves. They actually wrote me back in a timely fashion. I asked if any portions of the manufacturing process was off shored to China. Here is their response :
Hearth & Home Technologies wrote: Thank you for your inquiry.

All Harman appliances are assembled in the USA, in either Pennsylvania or
Iowa. Some parts are obtained from Canada or Mexico.

Your local dealer can best qualify your needs based on your specifications
and home. We recommend you work with them for the best possible selection.

For assistance finding a local dealer, visit our website.

Hey DC does that cat got your tongue? Bashing Harman owners on sending their money to China. :bag: I know funny but wrong

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Sat. Nov. 02, 2013 1:02 am

Wiz wrote:
LDPosse wrote:After sitting on the sidelines watching this thread, I decided to write HHT and see what they had to say about their stoves. They actually wrote me back in a timely fashion. I asked if any portions of the manufacturing process was off shored to China. Here is their response :

Hey DC does that cat got your tongue? Bashing Harman owners on sending their money to China. :bag: I know funny but wrong
Their money goes to China.... I gave the link to the "Head" of the dragon previously.... not to mention the fact that I don't believe a freeking word anyone out of Determans office says... so...they get their parts from Mexico who get them from China (you cant be that gullible) toothy I personally don't like this conglomerate that is a fact... from the way they operate, to the way they keep a ball and chain on dealers and dealerships to keep a fine line on high prices, to their customer support, to their silly sheets of glass etchings of reindeer and tassels on a coal stove that cost $100 to replace when you smash them. there is a reason Brazil & China are BOOMING economy's right now! (wake up and smell the coffee because this conglomerate is one of the reasons!)

I do notice Harman offering Save $100 – Web Only Offer (this folks is UNHEARD of from HHT on Haman's), the 0% financing appears to be a new wrinkle in the game as well... all "TELL TAILS" to an educated person ;)

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sat. Nov. 02, 2013 7:19 am

Doug
Show us the China link. I looked as others did and I don't see it. In other words how is Harman linked to China. I myself am curious.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Nov. 02, 2013 6:26 pm

And that is why no one makes furniture here in the US anymore.....tens of thousands of jobs.

Kevin

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Sat. Nov. 02, 2013 6:43 pm

KLook wrote:And that is why no one makes furniture here in the US anymore.....tens of thousands of jobs.

Kevin
very true my good friend... and I know you love your Harman and I don't mean to upset anyone with my silliness sometimes ;)
but its a fact that a conglomerate like this does indeed have weight that should NEVER be underestimated (clearly they have proven their itinerary over the years to us).
It would not surprise me in the least if people/threads become so large with free speech that Rich himself will get a "demand" that he cannot ignore and the removal of free speech WILL happen because Rich should not and cannot fight it!
dealers cannot fight this, public cannot fight this, internet cannot challenge this... I simply say "No Thank You Harman, I chose to not give the little money we have left in this country to YOU :mad: "

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Nov. 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Well,in less than 24 hrs,the Gunny backed his claim of China's involvement with Harman. Shell Corporations,Products shipped to Mexico and/or Canada that we freely deal with courtesy of NAFTA/GATT can make it look like no Chinese involvement is occurring. One of the bottom lines to me is to be an informed and conscious shopper. Know where your hard earned cash is going. Make the choice to send it there. As a Nation,we love to be Alamo'd and Pearl Harbor'd to Death,ala 911. Communism or Corporate Prostitution-One hell of a choice in these times. In this case it's amazing to see them come together......I started this Thread for several reasons. I think a Toilet needed to be created for both sides of this Filthy Issue to commentate and Venom Release right here,right on Topic. This issue has been like a poison gas creeping into Threads at times here. While the content of this Thread shows some disgusting and sad feelings along with a chasm of division among fellow Coal Burners,let's not forget one thing.................: Our days are numbered by several factors: The current war on Coal.....The view that it's not fashionable nor intelligent/green to burn coal.....The EPA doesn't want us to exist....... My take: Let's get back to the business of helping both each other and the new Folks who step out of the shadows that have been lurking here and finally decided to join the Board. If we can't lay down our guns,then let's bring them here to fight it out in the streets of this Thread. It'll give the Board a place to take the bad,and keep the clean just a little shinier. It's not often that I'm this serious,'cause I'm often a comedic Loon here,but Thank You. This Board actually means a lot to me and a lot of You.......I'm stepping off of my termite infested Soap Box now and returning the "Real Hambden Bob" back to you's !

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 7:58 am

I think this thread has run its course.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 10:00 am

I just to add if you want to make jokes like the last 8 posts I just deleted this isn't the forum for it.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”