Next Coal Stove?

RIArmySGT

Post by RIArmySGT » Mon. Jul. 08, 2013 9:02 pm

So I moved into a new house. Its raised ranch with open floor plan. Total about 1000sq ft Living Area. The Vermont Casting stove stayed at my other house, plus I think it would be too big for this house. What would be a good coal stove to look at. I have been looking at the Harmam Mark 1. Not looking for the best one just what you guys have and what you think of it. Thank in advance.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Jul. 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Check out the Hitzer 30-95 also. She'd do well in that size space.

RIArmySGT

Post by RIArmySGT » Mon. Jul. 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks what is the average price for one of those?

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Jul. 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Hitzer 30-95 like Fred mentioned...Coal Chubby would be another one to consider.
**Broken Link(s) Removed**

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Tue. Jul. 09, 2013 7:26 am

I assume the Raised Ranch does not have living area in the basement because you quote 1000sq.ft. and the stove would go in the living room fireplace?

This is a perfect location for the Blower option Chubby with one doorway fan installed to the light switch box in the hallway at the top of the stairs blowing down towards the bedrooms
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Suncourt-5-1-4-in-Door ... dvwgaLD-Uk

Pay an electrician for an hour to have it installed to a switch and build in. The open Liv., Kitch., Din room are fine as is.

I would pick up a reconditioned blower chubby with external shaker ability (since its in your living room) or if you don't want the stove to stick out into the living area that much try to find a Crane 404 which has external shaker ability as well
crane 404.jpg
.JPG | 21KB | crane 404.jpg

(almost any current fasco blower can be installed onto it because all 404's have a blower shroud already). Either of these coal stoves will heat your entire house at a long burn idle and can be found for very little money.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”