How Does This Burn/Ash Look to You?

MrP57

Post by MrP57 » Sun. Dec. 30, 2007 9:05 pm

Same dealer, different load of coal then last year.

mufwapo

Post by mufwapo » Mon. Dec. 31, 2007 1:11 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:My exeprience tells me that it is unbrunt coal. However, this problem can be due to a low quality coal.
Coal from mines near Hegins, tremont area are more bituminous in nature.
the good stuff is from the anthracite region. Blaschocks, and mines near Mahanoy City, Mt Carmel PA, and the stuff from south tamaqua wasnt too bad years ago. I now burn from mt carmel and it is really good stuff.
And only 150.00 a ton for rice!!!
Do you mean you get it from Harmony? Or from somewhere else?

pbmax

Post by pbmax » Wed. Jan. 02, 2008 12:23 am

av8r,

That's exactly what my Harman stoker ash looks like. I took some ideas from the forum and bumped my idle burn time up to 6 min on 12 off. (was 4/14) and turned the feed down one turn (so it's a little slower) and just about cut my ash pan contents in half for the next hopper of coal. Much more fine ash and way less unburnt coal.

I may do it one more time for the next hopper (8/12 + slower feed) and see what happens.
pb

av8r
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)

Post by av8r » Wed. Jan. 02, 2008 9:57 am

pbmax wrote:av8r,

That's exactly what my Harman stoker ash looks like. I took some ideas from the forum and bumped my idle burn time up to 6 min on 12 off. (was 4/14) and turned the feed down one turn (so it's a little slower) and just about cut my ash pan contents in half for the next hopper of coal. Much more fine ash and way less unburnt coal.

I may do it one more time for the next hopper (8/12 + slower feed) and see what happens.
pb
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the LL doesn't have adjustments like that. I have the adjustments on the Coal-Trol and thats about it. Our combustion fans run all the time which I would assume would make the burn more efficient.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”