Finally Burned Out..

btrowe1
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska stoker 140 Coal

Post by btrowe1 » Sun. Apr. 28, 2013 8:38 pm

4/28/13, could be last day of burning for the 1st 1/2 of 2013. One of the longest burn season I've had in 10 years of recordings.
There's a little left the hopper.I didn"t go down and move it over to the feed, I guess if needed I could fire it back up, But I also have wood for the fireplace so if anything does come up I'm pretty sure it would be short lived.

I was trying to burn it all out so I didn"t need to remove it when I do the cleaning, but oh well.

Any one else still have their systems still on, besides the one"s who burn year round.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Apr. 28, 2013 8:51 pm

I just read where (in the USA at least) this is the second coldest spring season (to date) in all of recorded history going back to about 1870 when detailed temperature records began being kept.

The coldest spring ever recorded was in 1975.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Mon. Apr. 29, 2013 5:44 am

Well good lol. The tree huggers won't have global warming to rant about this year hahaha....

I plan to load the Clayton one more day then let her burn out. Only lit her twice this season. I'm feeling very comfortable with my operating skills now and have developed an efficient routine for keeping her happy :D

Ed.A
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ed.A » Mon. Apr. 29, 2013 6:48 am

lsayre wrote:I just read where (in the USA at least) this is the second coldest spring season (to date) in all of recorded history going back to about 1870 when detailed temperature records began being kept.

The coldest spring ever recorded was in 1975.
Welp, we could always put ashes on the North Pole to help out. Hrmmm, now where did I read about in the Past? :D
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1663607/posts

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Mon. Apr. 29, 2013 8:24 am

Still at it and will keep it until after this next couple of cool rainy days.This Keystoker is so easy to start that it is not any more difficult than a wood fire should a further need arise. I think a lot of this little boiler because it actually pays me something not like a bank account these days. Mike

hcarlow
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL 110

Post by hcarlow » Sat. May. 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Shut down the 110 today and started to do the clean up . I spent about 4 hrs. cleaning it up and still quite alot to do . The 110 is very easy to work on but there is lots of clean up if you are going to shut down for the summer .

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”