Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Thu. Apr. 11, 2013 1:45 pm

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Thu. Apr. 11, 2013 7:26 pm

If that's how boilers are made in the Slavic regions of Europe, then manufacturing in America is doomed. Reminds me of when I made a business trip to Italy to work on a joint venture chemical manufacturing project and I was shocked and totally humbled by their high level of technology and innovation vs. our chemical plants, which are dumps by comparison. You could eat off of the floors of their chemical plants. Ours are sewers of filth and decay by comparison.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Thu. Apr. 11, 2013 7:40 pm

We used to be the leader in almost every industry but then we choose to follow in what we have left after moving most of ours South or off shore for profit. Isayre just as the chemical plants you mention the steel mills are the same, when visited by foreigners their first question was always where are the workers & the second was how can they produce a quality product with this equipment. American industry for the most part is just running itself into the ground, when it can't go no more it's done & time to close up another shop. :cry: :mad:

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Thu. Apr. 11, 2013 7:47 pm

samhill wrote:We used to be the leader in almost every industry but then we choose to follow in what we have left after moving most of ours South or off shore for profit. Isayre just as the chemical plants you mention the steel mills are the same, when visited by foreigners their first question was always where are the workers & the second was how can they produce a quality product with this equipment. American industry for the most part is just running itself into the ground, when it can't go no more it's done & time to close up another shop. :cry: :mad:
Well said!

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Thu. Apr. 11, 2013 7:51 pm

On a side note I read where some of the European block are now also seriously looking into fracking since most of Europe & Russia have deposits just like us.

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Fri. Apr. 12, 2013 7:42 am

The boiler film is impressive. America's process used to be impressive.We could be impressive again but for the National will to do just that. Unfortunately, the people that recognize what we are flushing down the drain have no influence on the lawmakers to reverse the downward spiral.Greed rules. Mike

Badog

Post by Badog » Fri. Apr. 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Amen brother. I am off in a few weeks to visit engineering and manufacturing facilities in Asia and Europe and it is amazing how high-tech and well run most of the facilities are. Many are self sufficient operations because they do not have the public infrastructure to support them.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A

Post by McGiever » Fri. Apr. 12, 2013 2:18 pm

The BEAN COUNTER is the demise of our once Great Nation...very short sighted, in my opinion.

Other Nations Corporations are willing to make their return on investment (ROI) over a longer period...not the desperate "I want it back Quick,Now!"

Corporate decisions on how to make Capital Improvements used to be made by Smart Men...like old, experienced engineers, etc.

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Fri. Apr. 12, 2013 2:36 pm

I agree that our standard yet archaic corporate requirement for capital appropriations to show full payback, and then subsequent profitability within only 2 to at most 3 years is in this day and age insane, and will eventually be our corporate death-knell.
Last edited by lsayre on Fri. Apr. 12, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A

Post by McGiever » Fri. Apr. 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Yes, and guess where a lot of money is coming from that is going into the big shale gas plays???
I mean BIG MONEY!!! Not the USA. :(

Our American Corporations are doing what they do best...Screwing the landowners, the public, the customers and dodging as many of the regulations as they can.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”