What Is This Plug for on My LL Hearth Model?

av8r
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)

Post by av8r » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 6:20 pm

Little, silver colored plug on the feeder side of the stove right near the feeder mechanism. In this pic it's the silver button looking thingy just above the vinyl flex pipe. Anyone know what this is for? Appears to be too large to be for a manometer.

xackley

Post by xackley » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 6:49 pm

I have a pocono. My guess was that it was for the future Igniter that the Coal-trol people are working on.
But as I said, that is a guess.

av8r
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)

Post by av8r » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 6:59 pm

xackley wrote:I have a pocono. My guess was that it was for the future Igniter that the Coal-trol people are working on.
But as I said, that is a guess.
You have one also on yours?

xackley

Post by xackley » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 7:03 pm

Yep
look at the blower, and the pusher, that plug covers a hole that would be in the air box under the grate.

av8r

Post by av8r » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 7:10 pm

xackley wrote:Yep
look at the blower, and the pusher, that plug covers a hole that would be in the air box under the grate.
Ya, I saw it before I ever fired up the stove. Looked at it from the inside also. Just wasn't sure what it was there for. I think your guess is a good one!

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Don,
No way could that have been a guess. I must have told you. Anyway your right.
Jerry

av8r

Post by av8r » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 7:37 pm

So, would this be a good spot to plumb in a fitting to connect to a manometer?

xackley

Post by xackley » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 10:30 pm

Jerry no, no one ever told me that, but why else would there be a hole there, It's not big enough for anything else. At first I thought it was a pre-drilled hole for a manometer. Then I noticed the location.

Av8r. no. that would be a high pressure area of clean air before it is pushed through the coal. I don't know where you would measure the pressure in the stove.

av8r

Post by av8r » Sat. Dec. 22, 2007 10:38 pm

xackley wrote:Jerry no, no one ever told me that, but why else would there be a hole there, It's not big enough for anything else. At first I thought it was a pre-drilled hole for a manometer. Then I noticed the location.

Av8r. no. that would be a high pressure area of clean air before it is pushed through the coal. I don't know where you would measure the pressure in the stove.
Hmmm..mine is not in the airstream for the combustion air, it's just a hole into the firebox, below the grate..at least on my stove.

EDIT:
nope...I'm wrong...it looks like it is in the combusiton airstream...thanks for the info!

smith10210

Post by smith10210 » Mon. Dec. 24, 2007 12:20 pm

Are these igniter's in production? I would be interested in one depending on the price seems like a good idea. I assume the extra cord on the coal trol box is where it would be connected.

av8r

Post by av8r » Mon. Dec. 24, 2007 1:16 pm

smith10210 wrote:Are these igniter's in production? I would be interested in one depending on the price seems like a good idea. I assume the extra cord on the coal trol box is where it would be connected.
They're not yet available. The extra wire is, in fact, for the igniter.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”