Reccomendations on a Coal Stove/Heater.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Apr. 19, 2015 9:44 pm

SD,i was posting in response to a previous post,i should not have .I just looked at the thread title & realized this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. My apology to the OP for adding to the drift.

Doughty12

Post by Doughty12 » Tue. Apr. 19, 2016 5:40 am

I'm thinking that if you do not want to open the stove very often you should stay away from the tribute because it has a very small firebox. I was looking into the tribute or get it from houston patio builders but decided against it because of the short burn times that come with a small firebox. Like you I needed a stove for a smaller area and that was why I was considering the tribute. I ended up with a Woodstock Keystone. It is a catalytic stove so you have the ability to damp it down real low so you do not blast yourself out of the room. You also get real long burn times so you won't be opening up the stove as often as the tribute. I would look into them if I were you. Do not be turned off by the catalytic stoves. I had never owned or been around a wood stove my entire life and my wife and I have no problem operating the Keystone 24-7. If we are patient we do not get any smoke coming out of the stove on reloads. Good luck.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”