Quiet Stove Blower Not Working ;(

Bity454
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 dual paddle
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisureline pioneer
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Good looking wife : )

Post by Bity454 » Wed. Jan. 30, 2013 7:29 am

Hello Leisure line guys, I installed the new quiet blower on my pioneer the stove temp went from 525 down to 400 degrees. Had to take it off would not make enough heat, saw in a boiler post that the fans were not creating enough pressure slowing the cfm down? Think you have the same problem on the quiet package.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Jan. 30, 2013 8:49 am

Bity454 wrote:Hello Leisure line guys, I installed the new quiet blower on my pioneer the stove temp went from 525 down to 400 degrees. Had to take it off would not make enough heat, saw in a boiler post that the fans were not creating enough pressure slowing the cfm down? Think you have the same problem on the quiet package.
That fan should be 55cfm . The stock blower is 45cfm. Give us a call [Phone Number Removed]

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sun. Feb. 03, 2013 4:27 pm

The issue is most probably how open you have the damper covering the inlet, open it all the way and then back it off if you have not enough draft in the stove which can be indicated by moisture in the hopper lid or a slight sulfur smell when you open the hopper.

MrMikie

Post by MrMikie » Mon. Feb. 11, 2013 9:36 am

I would like to throw in my 2 cents on this.

I decided it would be good to have a back up blower in case mine died at some point. So I ordered one of these quiet blowers from Valley Stove & Fireplace Shop and spoke with Jerry when I ordered it.

I have the Pioneer installed in my living room and near enough to the TV where a quiet blower would have been nice. It installed very easy and I was impressed how quiet it was. I had done this in preparation for the cold heating season coming up.
I use the Pioneer stove as my primary heat source, and have been very pleased for the first 4 years doing so. The Leisure Line stove is a remarkable stove.

As the colder temps hit us, I was finding my stove struggling to provide the heat I was use to getting. When it hit the teens outside, it just could not do it at all. Well I immediately spent a little more time with my stove, and found that by changing the blower it has effected my Max Feed Rate setting, I am pushing hot coals off the end and into the ash pan. After a couple days of trying different settings, I said that is it! enough is enough, and yanked the new quiet blower out and replaced it with the old blower.

AHHHH I have my stove back, I got HEAT! :D :D :D

As it turns out the new blower in itself was quieter, but does not have the UMPH behind it to properly burn the coal the way the old blower does. The old blower, I had no problem watching the flames roar up towards the top of the stove and bringing stove temps to 750 degrees or hotter. I never could get more than 500 degrees and a lazy flame at best from the new quiet blower, and by then the convection blower was trying to wash heat from the stove and the combo made it twice as loud as before.

In conclusion, I feel the new quiet blower is fine for some supplemental heat unless you have a small area to heat. The ramp up period is so slow due the low fire issue the convection fan makes the quiet go away. MY TV did not have big enough speakers!! :P

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Mon. Feb. 11, 2013 4:36 pm

If anyone has an issue with the quiet blower not providing as hot a fire please let us know right away. .

While it is feasible that there might be a few out there not performing as advertised, our testing with several units on the bench show that the new blower actually has more air flow than the old unit. :gee:

So bottom line is we need to know so we can trouble shoot the issue, and also we will refund the money to anyone if we are not able to satisfy them, of course the blower will have to be returned to us. :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”