Keystoker Hearth

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sun. Dec. 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Looking at my next project of getting rid of my propane fireplace . How are the Keystoker hearth coal stokers . Anyone have experience with one of these . Thanks ,Dave

watkinsdr
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S260 Boiler

Post by watkinsdr » Mon. Dec. 17, 2007 9:45 pm

I've looked at Keystoker Hearth models at my local Keystoker dealer. My dealer stated the Hearth model is basically a reconfigured 105K---assuming 'yer familiar with Keystoker's stove designs... The only negative I could see was the limited coal hopper capacity---it can't hold much more than 80-100 lbs. That means the unit it wll require close attention on colds days when burning hard.

I'm still considering one of these units; however, you'll have to pay attention to prevent running out of coal. Hey! I'm lazy!! I'm accustomed to letting my Keystoker Koker (6 bag/240 lb hopper) go 24 hours between adding coal and dumping ashes...:D

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Mon. Dec. 17, 2007 11:04 pm

Thanks for the response .It would only be for those really cold days and nights .Other than that it would sit and idle along . If coal trol the auto igniter ready it would probably be a good canidate . I am just tired of paying $3.10 gal for propane for a fairly inneffecient insert . I have the Ka -4 Boiler going now so I don't need much heat . Dave

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”