Keystoker Hearth

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
Flyer5
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post Sun. Dec. 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Looking at my next project of getting rid of my propane fireplace . How are the Keystoker hearth coal stokers . Anyone have experience with one of these . Thanks ,Dave
http://www.leisurelinestove.com

You know when people say it was "better back in my day"?

They were right.

watkinsdr
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S260 Boiler

Post Mon. Dec. 17, 2007 9:45 pm

I've looked at Keystoker Hearth models at my local Keystoker dealer. My dealer stated the Hearth model is basically a reconfigured 105K---assuming 'yer familiar with Keystoker's stove designs... The only negative I could see was the limited coal hopper capacity---it can't hold much more than 80-100 lbs. That means the unit it wll require close attention on colds days when burning hard.

I'm still considering one of these units; however, you'll have to pay attention to prevent running out of coal. Hey! I'm lazy!! I'm accustomed to letting my Keystoker Koker (6 bag/240 lb hopper) go 24 hours between adding coal and dumping ashes...:D
AHS S260 "BEAST" Burning Lehigh Pea Anthracite
Kensington, NH

Flyer5
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post Mon. Dec. 17, 2007 11:04 pm

Thanks for the response .It would only be for those really cold days and nights .Other than that it would sit and idle along . If coal trol the auto igniter ready it would probably be a good canidate . I am just tired of paying $3.10 gal for propane for a fairly inneffecient insert . I have the Ka -4 Boiler going now so I don't need much heat . Dave
http://www.leisurelinestove.com

You know when people say it was "better back in my day"?

They were right.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”