A Possible Summer Protection Product

plumb-r

Post by plumb-r » Fri. Jan. 11, 2013 6:23 am

I don't know about the stove but after looking at video's on the net I'm doing the undercarriage of the 4x4 with it. :D

hcarlow
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL 110

Post by hcarlow » Sat. Jan. 12, 2013 8:56 am

plumb-r wrote:I don't know about the stove but after looking at video's on the net I'm doing the undercarriage of the 4x4 with it. :D
I talked with a dealer who does just that and claims it works very well but it may need to be done yearly for long lasting results if you put alot mileage on the vehicle . That beats a several thousand dollar frame replacement .

Coalfire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 96K btu Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by Coalfire » Sat. Jan. 12, 2013 9:22 am

If you have a john deere dealer near by they carry it in gallon pails. I believe it to be $42 one gallon will do two to three cars. This stuff is awesome, like someone said no solvents so how it sprays on is how it will stay nothing to evaporate. I would think if you sprayed it on and then just before you light do a quick wipe down you would be ok, not sure though.

Eric

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Jan. 12, 2013 10:26 am

Used motor oil is free. :D Just doesn't last as long.

LPS-3 works AWESOME ... so if this stuff is better, then I'm sold already. $42/gallon sounds cheaper than LPS-3 by quite a bit. I paid $13 for ONE CAN ... and that was 5 years ago! :shock:

Stuff probably just smokes a bit when you fire up the car. No biggie. Can't be any worse than the smoke trail I leave with motor oil on the cats. :D

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”