Could Bad Rope Gasket Cause Bad Draft?

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
jaimz23
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman Trident SF-260
Stove/Furnace Make: Burnham Boiler/Harman Trident
Stove/Furnace Model: V-13A/SF-260

Post Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Any input on the above question would be appreciated.

Lightning
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size

Post Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 5:27 pm

jaimz23 wrote:Why will the front 4" or so of coal not burn in my stove?? I can't seem to figure it out. No matter what burns in my stove, the front won't burn. I do know that there is a little metal lip in the front of my stove right before the shaker grates start that the front fire bricks sit on, but it is only like 1 inch or less. A bunch of coal will not burn in the front of my stove.
Some pictures would be helpful. Above and below the grates.

jaimz23
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman Trident SF-260
Stove/Furnace Make: Burnham Boiler/Harman Trident
Stove/Furnace Model: V-13A/SF-260

Post Fri. Jan. 04, 2013 6:09 pm

[quote"Some pictures would be helpful. Above and below the grates.[/quote]

I would, but I have been able to figure out what was up with the draft (barometric damper issue staying closed too much/often) so my fire is burning better again, but the front still doesn't like to burn well. If I can at some point, I'll post pictures of what I mean.

Thanks again.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”