Leisure Line

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
Darren L
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer LE Back Vent

Post Fri. Nov. 23, 2012 7:39 am

I'am on my second year of my LL pioneer and really enjoying the heat and savings buy I was wondering does anybody go into some of the other settings to pull more heat.I have not I basically just set my stove to my desire temp and enjoy but I have read were some of you make some adjustments.any ideas on how to take baby steps so I won't get to confused.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post Fri. Nov. 23, 2012 10:49 am

If you're enjoying your current settings, why mess with it--no need to be a sheeple if things are good & you are happy with your stoves performance--the grass ain't always greener ya know. ;)
"A people that values it's privileges above it's principals, soon loses both"--Dwight D Eisenhower

MarySthewriter
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: 12505

Post Sun. Nov. 25, 2012 7:56 am

Look up a member who goes by the handle "Flyer5" here. He's a LL dealer out of Montrose PA, and was awesome about helping me with the settings so my darn stove doesn't go out every time I touch something. (I'm really good at putting out fires, apparently... go figure.)

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post Sun. Nov. 25, 2012 9:27 am

Mary, Dave will probably chime in soon, but he is co-owner of LL. He is not a tie and jacket guy, gets dirty every day, and actually makes your stove and many others. When you are ready for a boiler, he has that also.

PS: He'd rather be flying, but you probably picked up on that.....
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a 'piece of human solid waste' by the clean end." More true today....

Flyer5
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post Sun. Nov. 25, 2012 10:23 am

Here is something I wrote for someone else. See if it helps. Dave

The min is only used to maintain a fire setting it as small as you can so extra heat is not going into the room. It can also be used if your draft is minimal because the chimney does not maintain enough heat to create a strong enough draw. Because the convection fans are not running more heat will go up the chimney so if you have a good chimney or a powervent getting the fire as small as possible when idling will save fuel.

The max is used to get the max heat from the stove or like the throttle stop. When the FR is at 99 you want to see a full bed of hot coals with only ash dropping into the ash pan. Both Min and Max are seconds out of a 100 second cycle relating to only the feed motor run time.

The feed rate is a percentage of convection fan speed and Max value. Feed rate is like the cruise control on your car if you come to a hill it will add more throttle if it still is loosing speed it will add more throttle, if your throttle stop / (Max) is to low you will run out of power and not be able to keep up. So getting the min and max set properly in the beginning is important to getting proper operation. Once they are set they should rarely be changed throughout the season unless coal size or quality were to change drastically. Example going from rice to buckwheat you will need to raise values.

The only thing you should be changing that will effect FR is the setpoint temp. Try not to ask the stove to make drastic temperature changes no more the 2 or 3 degrees at a time. I recommend not using any set back between day and night.
http://www.leisurelinestove.com

You know when people say it was "better back in my day"?

They were right.

MarySthewriter
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: 12505

Post Sun. Nov. 25, 2012 7:38 pm

whistlenut wrote:Mary, Dave will probably chime in soon, but he is co-owner of LL. He is not a tie and jacket guy, gets dirty every day, and actually makes your stove and many others. When you are ready for a boiler, he has that also.

:shock: I didn't know I was talking to the head guy! Awesome. Well, that just strengthens my recommendation, then. And the next stove I buy (when and if this one finally dies), will definitely be a Leisure Line. The customer support is awesome. :)

Flyer5
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post Sun. Nov. 25, 2012 8:21 pm

MarySthewriter wrote:
whistlenut wrote:Mary, Dave will probably chime in soon, but he is co-owner of LL. He is not a tie and jacket guy, gets dirty every day, and actually makes your stove and many others. When you are ready for a boiler, he has that also.

:shock: I didn't know I was talking to the head guy! Awesome. Well, that just strengthens my recommendation, then. And the next stove I buy (when and if this one finally dies), will definitely be a Leisure Line. The customer support is awesome. :)
Awe shucks!!! :oops:
http://www.leisurelinestove.com

You know when people say it was "better back in my day"?

They were right.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”