Does Anybody Have a Lil Heater? Min/Max ODD Settings?

kearney4938

Post by kearney4938 » Tue. Oct. 30, 2012 6:52 pm

I have one and just wondering if anybody else is on here with the same? I have questions on my min (2) and max (18), just want to compare other setting of the same stove bc mine doesn't seem right.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Oct. 30, 2012 7:33 pm

I have seen that before. I am not sure exactly why. As long as you have a small idle and it doesn't go out and you get a full grate of fire when at max that is fine. Most Lil heaters run about 24-28 max. You just may have a gear motor that runs a little faster. Look at it this way it is less wear and tear on the motor. The reason min and max are adjustable is they need to be .

kearney4938

Post by kearney4938 » Tue. Oct. 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for the reply. I figured that may be the answer, but I haven't seen anybody posting anything similar.

Side question to this then - what does a full burning grate specifically mean, should the burn area be from the bottom to near the feeder or be from the bottom to about a little above half way point?

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Oct. 30, 2012 10:09 pm

kearney4938 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I figured that may be the answer, but I haven't seen anybody posting anything similar.

Side question to this then - what does a full burning grate specifically mean, should the burn area be from the bottom to near the feeder or be from the bottom to about a little above half way point?
Idle is always to the back holes . the more feed the fire goes forward so what you want when the FR is at 99 is hot coals all the way forward without hot or red coals going off the end of the grate. That is the Max setting

Fcmoore
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: 2012 Leisure Line Li’l Heater

Post by Fcmoore » Wed. Nov. 28, 2012 10:14 pm

I am running my lil at min setting of 3. If I set to 2 my fire sometimes goes out. My max setting is 30 and I plan to move this down gradually to the point where the stove heats up more gradually and thus avoiding the over heating that typically occurs after resuming from my 4 degree night time setback temp.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Fcmoore wrote:I am running my lil at min setting of 3. If I set to 2 my fire sometimes goes out. My max setting is 30 and I plan to move this down gradually to the point where the stove heats up more gradually and thus avoiding the over heating that typically occurs after resuming from my 4 degree night time setback temp.
Try to stay closer to 2 degree setback.

kearney4938

Post by kearney4938 » Wed. Dec. 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Update: My min setting finally went out for the first time on 2. I started it back up again on 2 for awhile afterwards with no issues, so not sure what happened - but have since changed to Min 3 as it isn't much different.

Question: Does anybody have any links to a good draft tool or suggestions on how to do this manually. I I use power venter. I have horizontal damper set at 4 and the venter blower a little above the lowest setting. All last season and early this season I had the blower set to about half way untill I read an article on here somewhere that it can pull the heat away. Since, then I have turned it down. The results have been nothing really in temperature change - however now I burn less coal - which is a major plus. Not sure why this would affect the coal intake. Less Air ratio = burn slower - I don't know.....

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Dec. 13, 2012 9:50 am

The barometric damper will control the over fire pressure in the stove, so no matter how high you turn up the PV it will only take more room air. The most important thing is to have the baro flapper door always fluttering a little to let you know that you have at least -.04WC draft at the breach. If you don't have a Leisure Line Power Vent manual you should let us know.

We use the Dwyer 460 Air Meter because it has no messy oil and is not as expensive ($25 from us).

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”