Harmon Customer Service

copcoal

Post by copcoal » Wed. Dec. 05, 2007 1:51 pm

IS THERE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER NUMBER AT HARMON? YOU'D THINK THAT A COMPANY OF ANY SIZE WOULD HAVE SOME TYPE OF NUMBER TO CALL.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Dec. 05, 2007 1:57 pm

No That is the problem with Harman There customer service Suck's :x
You need to go Threw one of there Dealer's Good luck

BinghamtonNY

Post by BinghamtonNY » Wed. Dec. 05, 2007 5:57 pm

Yeah and hope your dealer is not a clown too. When I got my magnum stoker I needed some parts (grates, glass) and his very first question to me was "Did I sell it to you?" What's the difference!! I own a Harman and you are the only dealer..... Luckily I had a quick response and said "No, but the guy I bought it from said he got it from you." Which was a lie.. Then he was somewhat receptive. I'll try to never give that guy my business. My coal supplier sells Keystoker so the next stove will be that or a LL, cause Jerry is here.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Dec. 05, 2007 8:22 pm

That was one of the reasons I didn't get a new VF3000 . The dealer down the road from me had one in stock but I had some questions that the dealer could not answer well . The dealer was great and I would have bought it from them no problem . But I called Harman and it was like I was really bothering them . I explained the dealer couldn't answer my questions because they did not sell many of the boilers . Then they were sort of receptive and did reluctantly answer my questions . But also stated that questions should be addressed through the dealer . While I was contemplating what to do I bought the used axeman 130 and the used Keystoker ka4 for a lot less than a new boiler and I get to have more fun experimenting . If you really need Harmans # I have it somewhere I will try to find it again ,may be a few days . Dave

heatwithcoal
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: AK-110

Post by heatwithcoal » Wed. Dec. 05, 2007 8:30 pm

I guess alot depends on your dealer. I ordered glass and gasket material from a local Harman dealer that I never dealt with before and the items arrived two days later from Harman and I did not even have to pay up-front. The dealer billed me.

While this was a small transaction, I feel pretty good about my experience with the dealer and Harman so far.
(Although in the past I have heard horror stories regarding Harman's business practices.)

Mark

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Wed. Dec. 05, 2007 8:36 pm

I echo the above comments. The dealer I bought mine from really wasn't very helpful, esp. when I was having problems with the stove, which turned out to be bad coal. I don't care for a manufacturer that hides behind their dealers. I like to be able to talk to the people who built the stove. I feel more at home with the brands that have representation on this forum.
That aside, the dealer I bought the stove from was a nice guy, and I didn't realize my debit card could only be used for a purchase up to $999.00, when the charge wouldn't go through he waited while I called the bank, it was a Saturday and the bank would be closed by the time I got there. The dealer charged $950. that day and let me take the stove. He charged the remained the following Monday.
As far as the quality and workmanship, I am very satisfied with the stove.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Dec. 05, 2007 11:47 pm

BinghamtonNY wrote:When I got my magnum stoker I needed some parts (grates, glass) and his very first question to me was "Did I sell it to you?" What's the difference!!
Maybe he offers discounts for people that have purchased through him?

Otherwise I find that very odd unless Harman sets a markup limit and they are very low.

BinghamtonNY

Post by BinghamtonNY » Thu. Dec. 06, 2007 8:42 am

A co-worker of mine has delt with him too and just says he's a grumpy guy. I musta caught him on a good day. The parts did arrive quickly but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Thu. Dec. 06, 2007 11:42 am

copcoal wrote:IS THERE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER NUMBER AT HARMON? YOU'D THINK THAT A COMPANY OF ANY SIZE WOULD HAVE SOME TYPE OF NUMBER TO CALL.
First of all I own a Harman and love it. They're great at building their products. Their market strategy, if you want to call it that, is to sell only through dealers and not deal with the public. What you almost always find however is that unless you have a problem or question with a gas fireplace or pellet stove, their dealer network is not very good. The manual that came with my VF3000 looks like it was produced by a middle school kid. Not just poorly put to gether but glaring ommissions, one of which caused my home to fill with CO when the boiler was first fired.
I did contact them directly and did eventually get answers to my questions. The number I have is 717-362-9080 and a fax # of 1-800-583-0716. Good luck!
By the way, I emailed them through their website about the problems with the manual and never even got a response. Be persistant.

bksaun
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Legacy SF-270
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite

Post by bksaun » Thu. Dec. 06, 2007 12:59 pm

[quote="BinghamtonNY"]A co-worker of mine has delt with him too and just says he's a grumpy guy. I musta caught him on a good day. The parts did arrive quickly

"but it just left a bad taste in my mouth."

That's what Monica Lewinski said about the Democrats! :o :nana: :no1: :nono:

BinghamtonNY

Post by BinghamtonNY » Thu. Dec. 06, 2007 1:22 pm

LOL!!! Good one!

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”