A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Darren L
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun. Feb. 13, 2011 9:52 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line
- Coal Size/Type: Rice
- Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
- Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer LE Back Vent
- Location: Douglassville,Pa
got home from work yesterday and wife says I'am chilly,so I said Ok I'll start the stove and now she is happy.The stove is running nicely at 72 all day and now a nice warm night at home with my happy wife.
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 3:32 pm
- Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
- Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride
- Location: Qc Canada