Smoke Coming Out of Chimney???

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Thu. Aug. 09, 2012 4:38 am

I agree with the dust-ash train of thought. I'll get a dust cloud at start up sometimes too. The only other time I see anything from the AA chimney is around 20 below zero. I'm thinking then it's condensation.

Fran654

Post by Fran654 » Sun. Aug. 12, 2012 9:06 pm

hi all, today I shop vacrd the fly ash out of my flue pipe, quite a bit more there then I thought,,, also turned water to the boiler off, 6 and a half hours later I still have the same boiler pressure, and I also still have something coming out of my chimney???? now when I was lookin one time I saw the ?? in the sun light thru the leaves and it seeemed to be falling down , if it was steam it would continue to rise, right, ???? or with my luck the trees are causing a down draft on me.... my luck , any thoughts ??? thank you tommy, going to keep watchin , maybe just loose fly ash I stirred up today still makin its way out,,,,

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Aug. 12, 2012 10:24 pm

cokehead wrote: Hey was that my cannel coal or where you burning tires AGAIN! ...
That was some bitty I got from Dungeonmaster a few years back ... If he got it from you, then that's it. :D I enjoyed the smoke!

The tires are in the backyard. Couldn't fit them in the Mark III ... toothy

NWBuilder
Stoker Coal Boiler: Ahs 130
Coal Size/Type: Burning Pea anthracite

Post by NWBuilder » Sun. Aug. 12, 2012 11:03 pm

lsayre wrote:
Tull wrote:This is for Isayre:

Hopper condensation does happen (to me at least) when I run in warm humid weather. It probably is related to draft also. I don't think its a big deal. I am shut down at the moment, by the way.
I emailed AHS about this and Darren said that humidity is always gathering in the hopper. It's just that in the colder months the blower runs frequently enough to sweep it away, whereas in the heat of the summer it does not. They said it is perfectly normal.
I have had the same issue just one of many it seems. Glad to hear it is normal.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”